Chapter 12 -The tyrant's judgement-

-Third P

-Third P.O.V.-

   The chains chimed when they clattered together as the guards led the newly trapped prisoners towards the kingdoms gates, which opened apon they're arrival. The Hatter glanced around as the group was led through the place he once called home, he hoped for nothing more than the safety of Cheshire and Steve. His tail would have been lashing about if it wasn't chained to one of his legs. As they reached the castle, Glitch, who was still leading the group, got off his horse and handed its lead off to another guard. Hatter could do nothing more than glare at the golden rabbit with hatred and hostility.

   They were led through the castle to the throne room, where the king resided. "My king, I've brought the ones we were set out to capture." Glitch called out as they entered the large room. The king sat up, his previously annoyed look became a glare as he watched the prisoners enter the room. His eyes did a small scan across the group of five. "I don't see the Alice, where is he Glitch?" A nervous look covered the guards face. "The Alice...unfortunately, got away with another from the group before we caught up to these ones..."

   The king let out an annoyed sigh, his ears falling back as he looked back at the prisoners. "Come forth you five." His tone threatening as he beckons the group closer. They did as told, staying close behind the Hatter, Dormouse still in the cage being held by Glitch. "You have all been brought here for keeping the horrid secret of an Alice instead of bringing them to me or any of my guards immediately. You understand what the punishment is, correct?" The twins, White rabbit, and Dormouse all gave soft nods. Hatter didn't move, just glared daggers at the king with glowing eyes full of hatred.

   The king met the anger filled gaze of the cursed man with his own glare. "If you were to tell me where this Alice has gone I might consider sparing you, if you are to refuse however..." He stood, his anger flaring in his next words. "It'll be off with your heads!" The answer from the Hatter was in a deep growl. "Even IF I knew where he when I would never tell you, you self centered murderous FREAK!" Glitch stared in shock at the Hatter after the insult, he couldn't tell if either his sanity or his intelligence was plummeted. The king let out a growl, he then barked out a command. "Take these fools to the dungeon, they are to be publicly executed in two days!"

-4 hours later-Steve and Molten rested for two hours and spent another 2 hours coming up with a good plan-

-Steve's P.O.V.-

   I was confused, looking at the mask and clothes I had been given. "What...is this for?" I looked over at Cheshire, who was in his humanoid form. "A disguise, can't exactly have you wondering around with Alice clothing." He had already changed into something different as well. "Well why do you need a disguise?" He rolled his eyes and just ushered me off to go change. The outfit was odd, the suit he gave me was half pale yellow half black, the pants were half and half too, just black and white, the gloves matched. The mask though was even stranger, it was a black and white mask with bunny ears, there was only one eye and it yellow with a reddish orange iris and it had yellow cheek marks. I put it on, topping it off with a pale yellow hat with a white ribbon.

 I put it on, topping it off with a pale yellow hat with a white ribbon

   I went back to Molten, he had temporary hair dye in his hands. "Is that really necessary?" The look on his face told me to just shut up if I wanted to live. I let him put the temp dye in my hair, he then gave me a hand mirror. "Woah, you wouldn't even be able to guess I was human!" He nodded. "That's the point, the more unusual you look the less likely you are to be noticed." We had a plan, we have to get into the castle, Molten's going to free the others while I look for the weapon I need to kill the Nightmare. There is a problem with that however... "So what in the world am I even meant to look for? It a castle with a bunch of guards, there's bound to be thousands of weapons!"

 "So what in the world am I even meant to look for? It a castle with a bunch of guards, there's bound to be thousands of weapons!"

   "You'll know it when you see it." I groaned. "Can you at least tell me what kind of weapon it is?" Cheshire let out an annoyed sigh, turning to look at me. "That's the thing, it changes shape depending on who uses it, so I have no idea what it'll be!" Just great, I don't even know what I'm really looking for... I just hope he's right about knowing it when I see it, otherwise I could risk fucking this up. "Come on, we don't have time to sit around, the day is coming soon and you need the weapon, I need Hatter." I nodded and followed him, the light of the evening lit our way. This is gonna fall on me doing this right, I can never be to careful... I hope everyone is okay...

-It appears our hero doesn't have long to save his friends, let's hope he can do it in time-