Chapter 3 -Talking flowers and a smoking caterpillar?-

-Steve's P

-Steve's P.O.V.-

   Making my way through the grass, stopping every now and then to awe at my surroundings. This place really was beautiful. 'Now that I'm thinking about it, I probably should have brought a piece of that cake that made me grow...' All around me there were different kinds of flowers, there was also a small lake! 'Oh wait, it's probably a puddle' I was pretty thirsty so I stopped to take a drink.

   Standing up I saw what looked to be a bug. 'Are it's wings...made of bread?' And over the water was another bug. 'Okay that is literally a rocking horse with wings-' This place was confusing... I continued on my way, seeing more strange creatures that I won't bother listing...

   Eventually I found myself in a tiny clearing surrounded by flowers "Oh this place is so pretty!" I did a small twirl while looking around "Why thank you darling, we work hard to upkeep our small garden here." The voice surprised me, I ended up falling to a sitting position. One of the flowers moved to look at me 'What.the.fuck.' "So sorry for startling you" 'Idontlikethisidontlikethisidontlikethis' I stared up at the flower, who offered a leaf to help me up. Once up I looked around and saw there was multiple flowers moving, they had faces, I hate this, I no longer like flowers.

   "Are you alright? I must have given you quite a fright." I gave a small nod, finally speaking "Y-yeah...didn't think flowers could talk..." The flower in front of me seemed to be a rose, she? gave me a smile. 'Oh I reeeaally don't like that'. "Not all flowers can talk like us dear, only some" I gave another small nod in understanding. "Okay...well- um, I'm just...gonna go now, I, uh. Have...something to do." I gave a wave to the flowers, some waved back, 'Fuck that, I hate this'

-Steve decided that when he got home he was going to burn the first flower he saw-

-Third P.O.V.-

   Steve had stopped running, he had noticed a small patch of what he assumed was fog. When he got close however it smelled of smoke, making him cough. Walking forward he could hear a voice "A....E....I......O.....U...." 'What are they saying? More importantly who is that?' Coming closer he saw a figure atop a mushroom, when he was able to make out who it was he certainly wasn't expecting a familiar face, especially not attached to the body of a caterpillar. "Dr. Vindy?..."

   Vindy turned Steves way, raising an eyebrow. Taking a breath of smoke, he leaned towards the shrunken human. "Who...are...you..." A puff of smoke came out each time he spoke, coming out in the shape of letters, an O, an R, and a U. The question puzzled Steve, how could Vindy not remember him? "Dr. Vindy, it's me! Showtime Steve!" "Oh?... I... Don't believe we've... ever met" This time an O, I, and an E came out in the smoke.

-All the pauses are him blowing smoke into letters-

   Steve was now right next to the mushroom, coughing from the smoke that was blown in his face. "So...how do...you...know...my name?" He talked after using his hand to swat the smoke from his face so he wouldn't cough when he spoke. "I'm not sure if I'm from here... but you look just like someone I know, I guess you have the same name as well." Vindy took another breath of smoke "Well, Why...are...you...here?"

   Steve coughed at the smoke. "Well I was trying to help my friend by finding out some information. I was trying to go into my head but it didn't work, and when I woke up I couldn't find anyone!" He started coughing again but continued "But then when I went outside I saw my friend, only thing is was he had rabbit ears and for some reason he was in a top hat and waist coat-" Vindy put a hand up, Steve knew to shut up. Vindi took puff of smoke "You mean the white rabbit?" The smoke was in the form of a rabbit, the smoke moved as if it was running.

   "I mean...I guess, maybe I got him confused for my friend. Though he said he was late for something..." A laugh and a puff of smoke came from the half caterpillar. "HA! He's always late for something, the poor bastard couldn't keep track of time even if his life depended on it!" He laughed a little more and then another breath of smoke "Please, continue" The brunette nodded "Well then after following the...white rabbit, I fell down a hole and into a room where I had to drink something to get small enough to fit through a door, and well now I'm here."

-Caterpillar version of Dr. Vending machine is a dickhead, or a pot head, can't tell-

-Steve's P.O.V.-

   Dr. Vindy spoke again "I...see..." when he spoke his smoke turned into the letters I and C, I was still so curious as on how he could do that, they were all different colors too. "So you're an Alice." I felt my head tiltin confusion, what? "My name is Steve, not Alice" he rolled his eyes at me, I was just confused. He reached next to him, from the look of it he tore a bit of the mushroom off. He handed it to me "Don't eat it, only give it a small lick, it'll turn you to your regular size"

   "Really?" He nodded, I was about to do as told when he put his hand up again, signaling me to wait. "A word of advice" I moved the piece away from my mouth to listen. He leaned towards me "Keep your temper, and don't lose that sanity of yours, you'll need it." His body then quickly changed from half caterpillar to half butterfly! "See you around, Alice." He flew off, I lost sight of him immediately.

   "My names not Alice! I- oh whatever. He said only a small lick and I'm back to normal." I then did just that, and sure enough! 'I'm me sized again! This'll make it easier to find Pa- oh wait, I think Vindy called him...white rabbit was it? Yeah, oh well, I suppose I'll still try to find him. I am still curious about what he was late for...' I then walked off, this world is strange, a nice strange though!

-To bad it won't last all that long, the king surely wont like this~-