Chapter 15 -Two different sides, the same royal tale-

-ANOTHER ANGSTY BACKSTORY TIME!! Only difference is it's over 2000 words longer-

-Steve's P.O.V.-

   I shook the water from my hair, the temporary hair dye took ages to wash out in the small stream running through the broken castle, I was finally back in my own clothes as well. 'Well that took forever...' I looked over to the others, they were trying to come up with a plan for what to do next. Cheshire looked exhausted, leaning on Hatter and barely keeping his eyes open. 'Teleporting everyone must have been hard for him... I hope he'll be okay...' I turned my attention to the disguise I discarded on the ground, I walked over, bending down and grabbing the weapon. I dragged a finger over the cloth covering it. Worry and fear had flooded my mind, I still wasn't sure I could stands up against something like the Nightmare, let alone kill it. I opened my bag, placing it inside, and grabbing out the book I had been drawing in. As I sat down, I opened the book, flipping past drawings for a blank page. I tapped a pencil against my face a few times. 'What should I draw...' I hummed a bit before deciding on drawing the king, Glitch, and Vanny. I only saw Glitch twice, same with the king, so those ones weren't that good.

   I don't know how long I was drawing, but it was getting darker. I looked out one of the shattered windows from where I sat, the sun was setting. I sighed, looking back down at my drawings. 'I want to go home...This is all too much...' I closed the book, putting it back in my bag. I yawned and fixed my hair as I stood up. Looking over to my friends I saw that Lefty and Righty were asleep, and Pat seemed to be searching for a place so he could rest as well. 'I should get ready to sleep too.' I looked around a bit, managing to find a spot that had less rubble. I wiped one of my hands over the hard surface a couple times, sweeping off any tiny rocks. 'That should do.' I laid down on my stomach, folding my arms and resting my head on them. It wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but it would have to work for now. I let out another small sigh and closed my eyes, hoping sleep would come soon.

-Third P.O.V.-

   It had been only a few hours, Steve quietly groaned to himself having failed to fall asleep. He sat up on his knees, looking over to the sleeping group. He blinked a few times, his eyes adjusting to the darkness of the room, he realized that Cheshire wasn't among them. He got up, trying to be quiet as he looked around for the two tailed being. He paused when he noticed an open glass door, looking out he saw Molten, leaning on the balcony's railing as he stared up at the star filled sky, his tails swaying lightly in the wind. The Alice stepped out on the balcony, his voice startling the odd creature. "Cheshire? What are you doing?" He looked behind himself at Steve, he'd then let out a hum. "Just stargazing a bit, now why are you up? Nerves getting to ya?" The red eyed male nodded a bit, the dual eyed creature ushered him over. "You're nervous about fighting the Nightmare, aren't you?" "Yeah...I'm not sure I can do it..." Cheshire placed a clawed hand in the Alice's hair. "Don't you worry Steve, You're gonna have all of us right at your side." The odd creature gave a soft smile to the human, the brunette smiled back. The clawed hand fell from the brown hair, going back to resting on the railing as the bear-cat creature looked up at the dark sky once again. The Alice followed his gaze, a sudden thought popping into his head. "Hey Cheshire?" "Yes Steve?" He paused before asking his question. "Um, I was wondering... about before... when we first teleported into the wooded area of the park in the kingdom... you said something about knowing someone before Hatter that you would stargaze with... you said you'd tell me another time but... could you tell me about them now?" The multicolored furred beast blinked at Steve, he then chuckled. "Oh alright...I warn you though...It's a tale with a twist and no happy ending..."