Chapter 5 -Lost with an odd smile-

(This one is just an edited Cheshire Cat face

(This one is just an edited Cheshire Cat face. When I tried to actually draw it, it looked horrible, I can't draw front profiles very well.)

-Third P.O.V.-

   The group of four was traveling slow, checking his pocket watch was the white rabbit. He was muttering to himself about how late they were going to be if they didn't hurry up. The twins were just play fighting, every time a hit landed you'd hear a honk. And then there was the Alice, Steve had his book out, he was drawing while walking. Looking behind him at the group the rabbit sighed "Come on, everyone please, we need to hurry we are going to be late if we keep at this pace!"

   The twins leaned on either side of the rabbit. "It'll be fine" "We'll get there in no time!" Dum finished Dee's sentence. Steve giggled at sight of his three companions, marking down a sketch idea. Pushing the twins off of himself he checked his pocket watch again, the look on his face made it obvious he was displeased. Steve was putting his sketch book back in his bag when the white rabbit started walking again. "Come now, the Hatter will lose his head if we don't arrive soon!"

   Steve was able to catch up to the twins who he assumed were right behind the rabbit. "Where did he go? He just disappeared!" Dee was frantically searching around, Dum watched as his brother ran about. Steve was confused, how had he just disappeared like that? "White rabbit? Are you still near?" The three of them waited for an answer, not getting one they started to get worried.

   They called out for their friend, no sign of him anywhere. "Did he get snatched? Or worse... eaten?!?!" Dum was panicking, his outburst of the two theories made the others start considering the worst. They continued walking the same way the rabbit had went off to. The twins were holding onto each other, the Alice was following behind closely. They were walking when Steve heard one of his pencils fall out of his bag, he looked behind himself to check. Stopping to crouch down and pick it up he noticed he couldn't hear the footsteps of the twins, had they stopped too? Standing up and turning around he was greeted by an empty forest.

-Steve's P.O.V.-

   Where did they go?! After a while of looking around and calling for my friends, I was getting no answers. 'I'm all alone... I don't like this...' I started walking in a random direction after remembering what the white rabbit told me 'Anyone who gets lost in the forest always ends up at Hatter's place....' As I was walking, I stepped on something, it made a honking noise. I quickly lifted my foot, there was a bird I think? It looked like a clown horn, it was a whole family of them. "Sorry didn't see you there." The tiny one I stepped on seemed to be fine, it ran to the larger one. 'So strange' I took out my book, drawing the odd creatures.

   I started to walk again, I saw more strange creatures. There was a few different birds, one whose beak looked like a shovel, and another which had a neck that seemed to be like an umbrella. Looking in the trees I saw an owl, when it made a 'who' sound it neck stretched out like an accordion. A sat down so I could draw these interesting looking animals, as well as my new friends.

-Third P.O.V.-

   Steve sat there drawing for a bit, till he remembered the tea party. 'Oh I can't believe I almost forgot about it!' He chose a random direction to go and started running. He was going as fast as he could, only stopping every now and then to catch his breath. He still saw no sign of the Hatter's place, why hadn't the forest taken him there yet?

-With the white rabbit-

   In a small clearing, there was a house surrounded by a white fence. Right next to the house was a large table, it was set with multiple teapots and cups, a few trays of baked goods and other random things. Standing at the gate of the fence the white rabbit was looking into the forest. "I strayed to far from the group, they got lost, the twins have arrived but the Alice hasn't." The rabbit sighed, a hand was placed on his shoulder. "Don't worry friend, if the forest doesn't lead him here, then he certainly will..."

-Back to our lovely Alice-

   Running. That was all he could do. He didn't know where he was going, taking random turns, trying to find his way out of the forest. He was tired. Not realizing where he was going, he tripped, falling down a slight edge. He hit his head on the ground, and his left arm would surely have a bit of a bruise. Instead of getting up he curled up into himself, tears poked at the corner of his eyes. He was scared.

   He laid there for a bit, not knowing what to do. Tears fell and sobbing could just barely be heard. A creature watched him, feeling some remorse for the poor, lost Alice. Making its self visible, it sat next to the brunette, wrapping its tails around him in a comforting manner. "My dear why do you weep so?" It spoke softly, as if trying to calm a child. "I-I... I'm l-lost -hic- and... I got se-eperated from m-my friends..." he was hiccuping a bit from his crying. The dual eyed creature softly pulled the Alice into an embrace, stroking his hair to calm him. "There there, do not fret child, you will get to your friends." It rubbed circles into his back, it seemed to work as his crying fell to a few hiccups every now and then. Steve buried his face into the soft fur of the odd being.

   After Steve had calmed, the creature used a handkerchief to wipe his face

   After Steve had calmed, the creature used a handkerchief to wipe his face. "Thank you..." The being only hummed in response. The red eyed male looked up at the creatures face, only to find it looked very familiar. It was a whisper what he said "Molten?..." It looked down at him and smiled, it's grin was unnatural. "Yes that would be my name, but please, call me Cheshire."

   "Can I ask a question?" Molten shrugged. "I don't see why not." "I keep getting called Alice, even though that's not my name, do you know why?" The white furred beast chuckled, his grin getting wider. "They call you Alice cause that is what you are, not who you are." The human's head cocked to the side in confusion, making the Cheshire sigh. "An Alice is what we call a curious stranger to this world, they can always be identified by the light blue clothing that they wear." It said while pointing at his clothes. "They are also known for asking a lot of questions. And even if they changed out of the light blue clothes they adorn, they look out of place. I mean, look at me!" With that the Cheshire and the Alice laughed.

   Cheshire stood up, helping Steve to stand as well. The weird bear cat thing fixed the Alice's hair. "There, and when we get to the Hatter's place we are going to put some ice on that bruise." That rose some curiosity from the blue suited individual. "You know the Hatter?" Molten nodded. "Everyone knows of him, after the king outcasted him from the kingdom. But few know him personally, I am one of them."

   "Now, let's go, that rabbit has been worried sick." More interest had been drawn, 'Guess that means the others are already there.' The human walked close by his new friend, not wanting to get lost again. Meanwhile the Cheshire would take glances of the Alice every few minutes, for he knew what was coming, but he wasn't the only one who knew of judgment day.

-The king is waiting, and he won't let an outsider take away what he has worked  so hard for, even if it means he has to kill.-