3. International panic

The day has finally come, I don't have enough time to freak out as Cameron and I rush to the airport

The day has finally come, I don't have enough time to freak out as Cameron and I rush to the airport. It is currently 14:30 our flight to Bahrain is at 17:00, which means we have 3 hours and 30 minutes till we board. We rush into the Uber helping the driver load all of our suitcases.

Ten minutes later we arrive at the airport and head straight to our airlines terminal to check in. We go through the whole airport process which I surprisingly get through without having a panic attack, luckily Cameron has went on many international trips with her parents so she was there to guide me.

I text Alisha throughout, keeping her updated, we hung out often over the past few days and I know she is feeling better about me going. It makes me feel warm inside knowing she worries about me because she loves me so much.

Once we get through security we find chairs close to our gate to wait since we still have an hour before we board our flight. "How are you feeling? I know this must be hard for you."Cameron asks, pulling snacks out of her carry on.

I contemplate her question for a second before answering, "To be honest I haven't really thought about it that much, the past 2 weeks have been so crazy that I just never let myself overthink. I feel like this will be good for me you know? I can't keep letting anxiety rule my life, everything will be okay. I just need to keep telling myself that."

Cameron leans over and squeezes my hand reassuringly. "Whatever you feeling Luna, it's valid. Just know that I will always be here and that I'm so proud of you." Her genuine tone makes me pull her into a hug. I couldn't be more grateful for her

Once we pull away she rips open a pack of oreos, "On to other matters, like how we both need to find ourselves some dreamy men this year." I side eye her, stealing 1 of her oreos. "I mean seriously, these American boys aren't doing it for me anymore, I don't know when was the last time I had a decent lay." She sighs unhappily at the realization

"Freshmen year of college." I add cheekily, watching her face drop in disbelief. "That is so not true, maybe like last month." she exclaims, mumbling the last part under her breath. "And you Ms Sinclair are the last 1 to talk, when was the last time you got some? Hmm?" I roll my eyes, choosing to ignore her. But now realizing it has been awhile since 'I got some' . Maybe this season will be more eventful than I thought.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

I am just now realizing how long 16 hours is. We have passed the half way mark, leaving only 6 hours until we land in Bahrain. I have occupied myself with reading and eating but I can't fall asleep for the life of me. There's been a disgusting feeling of anxiety coursing through me since we boarded the flight and no matter what I do I just can't get rid of it.

So instead I distract myself by watching all my favorite childhood movies, including inside out, and reading my newest CoHo book. I've managed to make it halfway and so far I'm enjoying it.