6. He's back

I'm exhausted and I still need to get through a whole press conference

I'm exhausted and I still need to get through a whole press conference. They take about 30 to 40 minutes which means I'll get back to the hotel before 5.

Cameron left an hour ago apparently needing a spa day after all the hard work she did. I enter the room seeing multiple reporters and journalists already seated. There is a line of chairs in front of the room for the drivers, the few that are here are chatting amongst themselves.

I find a chair in the second row not wanting to be in the front. A guy sits next to me, his white shirt reading 'Alpha Magazine' in bold letters. They've always been Vices number 1 competitors, they are the most well known sporting magazine in the country.

They can afford to send multiple journalists every season whereas Vice only sends out 2, me and another guy Liam who couldn't make it to Bahrain due to personal problems. "Hi there, I'm Peter." He greets happily, pulling out a notebook from his bag. I smile politely offering a small 'hi' in greeting, my social battery has run out for the day.

"This is my first time seeing you, a new journalist I'm assuming." Can this conference start already. "Yeah, this is my first season traveling with Vice." I reply, trying not to be rude.

Before Peter can continue the room goes suddenly quiet, everyone's attention on the door, more so the person who just entered. I catch sight of who it is and I'm a little confused when I see Madden. I mean I know he hasn't attended one of these in a while but I'm not surprised he showed up, he did say this season he was going to make a comeback.

Peter leans over, whispering, "It seems somebody decided to put their big girl panties on and show up." What does that even mean? I ignore his comment but Peter doesn't get the hint. "Like he has been scared of showing up for the past 2 years because he knows everyone will ask about his abusive behavior. This prick should've just gone back to his hotel, we don't care about a child abuser."

This dude is seriously judging Madden on one false article. Multiple statements were released by Senna and Madden after the incident, most people know it was only published to ruin Maddens career. There are, however, a few dumb fucks who can't see past their nose that still think Madden is an abuser. Those people are the real pricks.

I again ignore him but before Peter can add to his inaccurate statement the reporter's voice booms across the room. "A very warm welcome to the drivers of this season, we're all glad to be back in sunny Bahrain." I put my phone on silent, glancing up at the drivers at the front of the room.

My eyes scan the line, seeing some of the teams I interviewed earlier today. I catch Maddens eyes, he gives me a soft smile, which I return. After the reporter introduces all the drivers the questions begin, as expected the first question is directed at Madden.

"What made you join us today Madden, we haven't seen you here in a while." Madden finally takes his eyes off of me, his expression cold when he looks at the journalist.