Chapter 6: Space Pals

(Mr. Pepperoni Man's POV)

A plate of food suddenly clattered in front of me. Or at least, it was supposed to be food. I slowly crawled over to the plate and gingerly poked the food. It was yellow and mushy, so I pushed it aside. "I don't think he's gonna eat." I heard an alien say beside my cage. I was thrown inside a cage earlier because of the "king's orders" for some particular reason. And the guards obeyed immediately. Their cooperation was sort of like clockwork.

"Well, make him eat. We need him for a secret evil plan." Another alien whispered. "We'll need the other one too. In fact, we'll need all of them." the first alien replied. Secret evil plan? And they're discussing it right in front of me? And who's the other one? Is it one of my friends? I pondered.

"Who's the other one?" the second alien asked. I heard the first alien slap its forehead. "You didn't hear about the planthead who got captured?" "Planthead?" the second alien asked. "Yeah, a human who caused a bit of trouble here just now. And what a fool he was too, exploring our ship in the middle of the night. Sometimes I wonder if humans actually have brains."

That last part I was a bit offended with but, the saying "planthead" reminded me of Mr. Grits. Could he be here too? Before I could think about that any longer, the titanium door lock slightly turned while an alien was unlocking the cage. I layed down, pretending to be asleep. The door swung open and the aliens marched in. One alien nudged me with its leg. "Hey," it said. "Wake up, kid." I slowly sat up and yawned, pretending that I didn't hear anything that they just said. "Huh? Wha? What's going on?" I asked groggily. "Your friends asked to see you." the other alien grumbled like it was annoyed, which was probably the reason. They grabbed me by the scruff of my neck and dragged me down the prison hallway. I saw a lot of other creatures in the other cages. They were all either red-eyed and acted like they had rabies, or basically in a deep sleep or maybe they were dead. I shuddered in fear and the aliens continued to drag me until we reached the room that the rest of my friends were in. They all happily cried out when they saw me. "Mr. Pepperoni Man!" Poop excitedly yelped. "Oh thank goodness you're okay!" Sandy cried. "We missed you!" Ninja happily shouted. "You have two minutes." one alien said.

Once the aliens left us alone, I whispered to my friends what I heard about their "secret evil plan" and that Mr. Grits might be captured as well. "Really?" Ninja asked when I finished. "Yep. I heard all of it. But I'm not certain if Mr. Grits is alive or not. I mean, those aliens are pretty vicious and he was probably introduced as an intruder." I explained. "What are we going to do, Peps?" Sandy asked. I glanced around to make sure the aliens weren't eavesdropping, then whispered, "I'm gonna escape this prison first, and then break you guys out and then we can all look for Mr. Grits, the poor fella." Sandy lightly gasped in surprise. "That's kind of risky, isn't it?" Poop asked. "I mean, we're lucky that we're still alive right now." I nodded. "I know, but hopefully it'll be worth the risk. I haven't seen anyone but you guys and a whole bunch of aliens and I wanted to see how the rest of the gang are doing. I really hope they've been thinking about us." "Yeah, me too. I hope my darling Snowball is okay." Sandy sighed.

"Times up." the two aliens appeared at the door. Sandy, Poop, and Ninja silently waved goodbye while they carried me away. But instead of going back to my cage, I was brought back into the good old dungeon. "Why do I keep moving into different places all the time?" I asked the aliens. "That's none of your business." one alien snapped. "But, we will tell you this." the other alien countered. "I'm all ears." I replied. "There is one of your human kind in the dungeon that we put in there for you. You know, like a playdate with a friend."

I scoffed. "I'm an adult, I don't need any playdates." The aliens ignored me and threw me into the dungeon. This time, they locked the door without saying a word. I heard a soft whimper in one of the corners. Curious, I crawled over there and peeked under a box. I couldn't believe what, or who rather, I just saw even though it was kind of obvious. To make sure I was right I asked, "Mr. Grits?" And in response I saw a shimmer of blue slightly flinch in surprise and hope. Indeed it was Mr. Grits.