𝐗𝐈

𝐜𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
~
austin's pov.

for the first time, i wake up in lillian's bed. her warm, soft bed.

and i am able to watch her as she sleeps, the beauty radiating off her even though she's unconscious.

before i met, lillian, i thought i was pretty happy and good in life. i thought i knew bliss and what it was. i thought i had everything that i've ever wanted.

but i was wrong and i was ignorant for thinking that.

i thought i understood happiness.
i thought i understood beauty.

before this moment, i thought a good stretch or a nice warm cup of coffee was the best way to start my morning.

but no.

i thought a good way to enjoy your morning were to spend them alone, in quiet, in peace.

but no.

i was so wrong about everything.

because as i lie here, in the quiet, i see lillian lying next to me, peacefully sleeping.

she's so close to me. and when she moves, her skin brushes against mine.

her soft, golden skin. so warm.

i remember last night all too well. no matter how drunk i was i could never forget.

holding her last night in my arms was the only thing i needed in life. and if i could do it everyday until i grow old and die i would.

if she let me.

and soon, a soft smile overtakes me as i stare at the beauty next to me.

everything about her is surrounding me. these sheets. this blanket. this bed. this whole room.

it all smells like her.

she always smelled the same. everytime i hugged her or sat next to her. hell, even walked past her. i could smell her delicious scent.

it was comforting. sugary, warm, like a cold winter day, and sometimes a hint of sweet coffee. never overbearing. never too much. always just right.

lillian suddenly moves, rolling away from me. not that i mind. it only gives me a better, clearer view of her.

she's now sprawled on her stomach, the night shirt she's wearing is now lifting up, exposing a bit of her skin. she has sheets bunched over her legs and at this moment i can just look at her and say that she is the embodiment of a fucking angel.

her chocolate brown hair is tangled around her head but it only makes her look cuter if that makes sense.

and the sun coming from her open window really is doing her some great favors. as it peaks through the curtains, is shines on her, going up her long tanned legs and onto the exposed part of her back, her skin now glowing beautifully.

but as i watch her, i catch a smile on her face that wasn't there before. "good morning," she quietly chuckles. "like what you see?"

"you could say that," i say back. god, i want so badly to tell her how fucking perfect and gorgeous she is.

she curls into her pillow and stretches before relaxing again. i'm not sure what to say so hopefully i don't make shit awkward. "good morning," i whisper back.

"good morning, austin," she yawns, squeezing her eyes shut before she opens them again.

"sorry if i woke you," i apologize.