𝐗𝐈𝐈

see you in australia
~

i tap my fingers on the wheel as austin and i sit in traffic on the way to LAX.

"how long is your flight from now?" i ask him, keeping my eyes glued to the car in front of me.

"uh, about 5 hours from now. we have time, don't worry," he says back.

"this traffic isn't even moving," i complain, "we're gonna be here for hours."

"that's okay, if i miss my flight, baz will just get me another one."

i shake my head, "shit, this is my fault, austin. i'm the one who insisted on driving you. i should've just let you take that uber this morning."

he reaches over and places his hand over mine which causes me to turn toward him and look into his eyes, "don't blame yourself, lil. i'd much rather spend hours in traffic with you then sit at my terminal for 5 hours."

"and if you miss your flight?"

"i don't give a shit about my flight. lillian," he grips my hand "okay?"

i nod, "okay."

why am i so damn worried about this anyway? this is so dumb. i shouldn't care.

"okay," i say again and grip the steering wheel again, causing austin's hand to fall. "okay, yeah. things are fine. just fucking dandy," i mutter.

"how about i get your mind of things, hm?"

i look over at him and think of all the ways he can really get my mind off things. i giggle to myself, "and how exactly will you do that, austin?"

he gives me a playful look before teasingly saying, "by talking to you of course. what else?"

i roll my eyes and look back at the road, "looks like you won't have to talk to me because the traffic is loosening up."

"oh, i'll still talk your ear off," he says.

i laugh "okay, aus."

finally after two hours, and after taking about endless stupid shit, austin and i pull up to the airport.

we step outside the car and i take immediate notice to the paparazzi, already reading to snap photos of us.

of course.

nonetheless, i help austin get his luggage out of my trunk.

"there you go," i say as i slam my trunk shut. i sigh and sink my hands into the back pockets of my jeans, "have a good flight."

"have a good flight?" he repeats with a laugh. then, before i know it, austin is pulling me into a tight hug. "i'm gonna miss you," he says.

i wish i could hug him back but his arms are pinning mine down. so instead i just close my eyes and sigh into his chest, "i'm gonna miss you too," i reply.

he breaks the hug off and places his hands on my shoulders, looking into my eyes "see you in australia?"

i nod, "see you in australia."

he smiles softly at me before bending down to grab his stuff and head inside.

i wave at him as i watch him before just getting into my car and driving off.