Chapter 6- Camping 1

~Derek's POV~
It has been 2 weeks and the baby and Mer were doing good. It was the day of the 3rd year residents camping trip, it was just 2 days where they can take a break from work and enjoy nature.
...
It was around 6 in the morning and Mer had to head out by 7:30 to go on the trip, I was a bit nervous of her going but she promised me she would call if anything happened. She told me she would share a tent with Cristina as they were each other's person and Cristina knew about the baby. Mer was fast asleep so I gently tapped her shoulder and kissed her neck, " wakey, wakey." I whispered in her ear. She slowly rolled over and yawned." I'm gonna miss walking up to see your handsome face." She laughed. She sat up in bed and starred at her suitcase at the end of the bed. " Mer, promise me you will make sure you take your medication." I said. " I promise." She replied as she turned and kissed me. "you better get ready then." I smiled. She went to take a shower as I checked her suitcase to make sure she had everything she needed. We both got dressed and I took her suitcase downstairs and placed it in front of the door next to everyone else's suitcase.Everyone was in the kitchen and was eating their breakfast. " hey Avery, Karev help me put the suitcases in the car." I said. We took the suitcases and popped them in the car. We walked into the kitchen and I noticed Mer had taken her tablet and I smiled at her. It was time for them to go. I kissed Meredith and gave her a hug. Everyone had left the room apart Mer and Lexie. Lexie was still in there as she was a 2nd year resident. " bye bye little once." I whispered patting Mer's stomach. We kissed once more and she left. Lexie gave a suspicious look at me. " anyways Lexie it's just me and you so when we get to work be prepared to have some fun." I smiled. Lexie smiled at me and we both headed to the hospital.

~Meredith's POV ~
We were all in the car, Jackson was driving, April took front and me, Alex and Cristina was at the back. " did I really have to sit in the middle?" Alex complained. " yes!" Me and Cristina said at the same time. " hey so who's going in what tent?" Jackson asked keeping an eye on the road. " Well I'm with Mer." Cristina replied. " I'll go with Jackson." April smiled. " well keep your pants on." Alex laughed. April gave him an angry look. " I guess I'm by myself then,"Alex said," but that's fine by me."
...
It had been 30 minutes and we were all bored. I was looking out of the windows counting how many red cars I could see as I had nothing else to do. Cristina and Alex were nudging each other because Alex kept saying he wanted more leg space. April was writing in her red journal and Jackson was just being Jackson.

^^ Jackson driving the car

~ Derek's POV ~
Today I was in the ER as we were short on staff and Lexie was on my service. It had been a busy morning. I had done 3 surgeries and luckily all the patients were stable. Lexie was doing my post-ops and Owen was handling the ER so I went to my office to do some paper work and kept my pager on just incase. Just before I started the paper work I called Meredith to see how she was doing.
-Calling Meredith-
It rang for a few seconds and Mer picked up. " hey Derek what's up?" Mer shouted. " I was just checking in on you, why are you shouting?" I asked. " sorry, Alex and Cristina are arguing and Jackson is playing loud music." Mer explained loudly. " oh okay." I laughed, " you still didn't answer my question, how are you?" I asked once again. " Derek I can't here you..." "OMG GUYS JUST BE QUIET!" I heard Mer yell. " sorry Derek I'll call u later." Mer said as she quickly ended the call. I sighed. Well she must be okay, she answered the phone, she sounded okay I though to myself as I picked up my pen and began to write.

~Meredith's POV~
"OMG GUYS JUST BE QUIET!" I yelled and then ended the call with Derek a few moments after. Everyone went silent and looked at me, " Jackson you can have the radio on but not to loud and Cristina and Alex just shut up arguing okay, Alex you have enough leg space!" I yelled with a frown on my face. " hormones." Cristina whispered. I looked at her and she looked at me back, I gave her the ' Cristina you better shut up now or I'm going to kick your ass' look. She turned away and starred out of the car window. Alex began to talk to April and Jackson turned the radio down.

After what felt like a year,we finally arrived at the campsite. We all got out of the car and my back was killing me from sitting for so long. I stretched my back and everyone grabbed their suitcase and headed over to the area where we were going to spend the night. I placed down my suitcase next to Cristina's and I went to find the bathroom while everyone else was figuring out how to put up the tents. I found the toilet and then once I came out I called Derek to see what he was asking me earlier as I could barely hear him.
-Calling Derek-
He picked up straight away. " hey Mer."He said. " what was you saying earlier?" I questioned. " I was just asking how you were doing." Derek replied. " oh well I'm fine apart from the fact that my back aches from sitting down for so long but besides that I'm good." I smiled. " okay that's good, what are you up to." He asked. " well I just went to the toilet but now I'm heading the campsite to help put up the tents." I explained. " well I'll let you get on with your day but just remember take it easy." he said softly. " okay". I smiled and ended the call.

~Back a the campsite~
Surprisingly everyone was getting along, Jackson and April had just put up their tent, Alex had put up his and was helping Cristina put up mine and hers. I walked over to Alex and Cristina and helped them put up the tent. It had been 30 minutes and we all had our tents up and had finished unpacking. It was around 11:00 so Jackson suggested we all went on a walk and then come back at 12 for lunch. We all got what we needed (phones, water, backpacks, med kit etc) and we all headed down the nature trail.

 We all got what we needed (phones, water, backpacks, med kit etc) and we all headed down the nature trail

^^ the nature trail

A/N So I'm not sure how to feel about this chapter but I'm going to do a part 2 to this camping trip tomorrow or maybe the day after I'm not sure. xx
TikTok- merdermainly
Insta- merdermainly