Chapter 13- Christmas Plans

A/N This follows on from the previous chapter x
"how much of that did you hear?" I questioned...
__________________________________
Meredith leaned against the kitchen door with her hand under her stomach, "all I know is that you were talking to your mother and I heard my name."

I glared at her for a moment before responding, "yes, I was talking to my mother and she asked if we wanted to go spend Christmas with my family in New York."

Meredith's face had no expression and the room went silent for a few minutes, "we don't have to if you don't want to, I understand." I said looking deep into her gorgeous eyes.

"no, no we umm... we can spend Christmas with them I guess..." Meredith forced out a smile.

"you sure?" I questioned once more.

She nodded and then yawned. "We should get back to sleep." She suggested as I walked up to her kissing her on the cheek.

We both toddled upstairs to get some more sleep. I was worried about Meredith meeting my family because I have a huge family and well Meredith's family is kind of small and very different to mine, plus they don't know she's pregnant.

~The next day~
~Meredith's POV~
I woke up before Derek because I didn't want to talk about meeting his family. I mean I have met his mother, who was nice,and Nancy but it was a very awkward way to meet her, in Dereks trailer, while he was half naked, and I thought they had done something that I also don't want to talk about. Not only that, his sisters also have children so there would be kids everywhere but I'll have a child crawling round everywhere in a few months so it's kind of practise... anyways I just needed to think of the positive side to it. I got to work and went to find Cristina to tell her about me and Derek's Christmas plans. I found Cristina in the locker room talking to April, for what reason, I don't know or care.

"April out." I raised my voice.

"but I-" she said before I interrupted her, "OUT."
Cristina glared at me.

"Cristina, I may have said yes to spending Christmas with the Shepherd family." I blurted out.

"right...isn't it a good thing that you can get to know Dereks family." Cristina said.

"Well yes and no." I replied.

"Well why no?" she questioned.

I explained to Cristina about Derek's 4 sisters and their children and that I would have no idea what to talk about.

" talk about the baby." She suggested.

"oh shoot, they don't know I'm pregnant." I realised.

"It's still something to talk about, just think of the positives Meredith, being negative isn't good for the baby." Cristina chuckled.

"Oh you sound like Derek." I smiled for the first time today. I just thought about what Cristina had said and went to the ER.

After being in a surgery for around 5 hours, I headed to the cafeteria to get some food as I'm now eating for 2. I sat at a table with a sandwich, potato chips, an apple and a bottle of water. Derek came over to me and sat beside me, "hey." he smiled.

"hey,how are you?" I asked, as I bit into my sandwich.

"I'm alright, how are you though? Because I heard an intern say you were in a 5 hour surgery or something." Derek questioned placing his hand on my thigh.

"I'm good, just resting my feet and eating, and making sure I get enough fluids." I replied.

"See you're going to be a great mother." Derek grinned, "anyways I have to go get ready for my surgery."

"I doubt I'm going to be a good mother, anyways have fun in surgery." I responded.

Just before he walked off he stated, "trust me you're going to be a fabulous mother." Derek then walked into the distance quickly, so I wouldn't be able to disagree with him.

I drove home with Lexie as Derek was still in his surgery and probably would be all night. Once me and Lexie got home it was around half 9 so we decided to get something to eat and sit in the living room and watch a movie. Even though we are surgeons we try to have normal lives as well. I was wrapped up in a blanket and Lexie was sitting with a bowl of popcorn on the other end of the sofa.

"You planning on sharing that any time soon." I said glaring at her.

Lexie stared at me and took a scoop full of popcorn and handed me the bowl, "here, now shush we're missing the best part." She replied.

It had been 2 hours and we both getting tired and had finished the movie so we both went to bed.

A/N sorry it's been a few days since I have published. As you can see in this chapter I went for a different layout as I think it's just easier to read this way. I might rush through this story a bit as I'm not sure on what to write and I have other story ideas. However I hope you enjoyed this chapter and sorry that's it a little short.
TikTok- merdermainly
Insta- merdermainly