Chapter 7- Camping 2

We were 10 minutes into our walk and my feet were already getting tired. " hey guys wanna play hide and seek." April asked with a big smile on her face. " we're not five." Cristina replied rolling her eyes. Alex sighed. " I mean it could be fun," Jackson smiled,       " why not try?" " okay guess." Cristina and Alex said. I just nodded. " who is counting then?" I questioned. " I'll count." Jackson offered. He began to count "1..2..3.." I began to find a hiding spot but I didn't want to go to far. Cristina was following me and Alex and April went there separate ways. Me and Cristina found a huge bush and then rested behind it and hid. I sat down on the hard ground and held my stomach as I began to experience some dizziness. Cristina glared over at me. " Mer, you okay?" Cristina asked as she placed her hand on my arm. " yeah..I'm alright just a bit dizzy." I replied as I put my left hand on my head. " okay just rest here I'll keep a lookout if I see Jackson." She smiled. "I FOUND ALEX!" Jackson yelled. We could tell he was close so me and Cristina ducked down and went silent. Lucky, he walked straight past us.
...
It had been what felt like forever and me and Cristina still hadn't been found. We started to talk about work stuff until we heard a scream coming from the East part of the nature trail. " that sounds like April." I said with a concerned look on my face. Cristina helped me up and we looked around. Jackson and Alex turned round and saw us. " did you hear that?" I yelled. " yeah." Alex and Jackson said together. We all went over to the East side of the nature trail to see April crying behind a tree. " April what's wrong?" Jackson asked comforting his best friend. " t-there w-was a bear." She said in a shaky voice. " okay April deep breaths." I told her. " Are you hurt?" Cristina asked. April slowly turned around as we saw a deep cut on her arm from the bears claws. Our jaws all dropped and we all headed back to the campsite and sat her down on a log.
We all took out our mer kits and took a look at her arm. " the scars look deep however I think all we need to do is bandage it up and it should heal itself." Alex said as he took the bandages out of the small,red med kit. Alex began to treat Aprils arm and Jackson was pacing back and forth. " Jackson April's arm is going to be okay." Cristina smiled looking at Jackson. " I know, I know." Jackson replied. " so why are you pacing?" I asked. " I don't know." Jackson answered. Me and Cristina looked at each other and sighed. " we should start to eat." I suggested as I could tell not only I was hungry but the baby was too. It had been 30 minutes and April had calmed down and we had all eaten. I looked at my phone which said 12:40. "Guys, I'm gonna call Derek just update him on how our days going because...umm he asked me to." I said as I grabbed my phone out of my pocket.

~Derek's POV~
I was in surgery with Lexie doing a thrombectomy and cerebral aneurysm repair. " retractor please Bokhee." I asked as Bokhee as she handed me the retractor.I then handed it to Lexie. " you want me to..." Lexie smiled. " I do, you need your practise." I said as a smile grew under her mask. She began using the retractor and I helped her step by step on what she needed to do. " Dr. Shepherd your wife is calling." A nurse told me as she stood in the corner of the room. " umm Lexie do you think you could handle this for a few minutes?" I asked hoping she would say yes. She said yes. I took of my gloves and apron and walked out the room holding my phone. I answered the phone, " hey Derek you won't believe what happens." Mer said. " what is it? are you okay?" I asked worried. " yes, yes I'm fine...anyways so there was a bear and it bit Aprils arm." Meredith explained. " What... is she okay?!" I questioned. " yeah she's okay." Mer responded. " Mer I've gotta get back into surgery but just once more, are you okay?" I asked again beginning the overprotective husband and father I am. " yes Derek me and the baby are fine," Mer answered, " I love you." "I love you too." I smiled and then ended the call.

~Meredith's POV~
It had been a while since the bear thing happened and we were all getting along and having fun. It was getting late so we began to get some firewood before it got too dark. April stayed at the campsite as she was too scared incase she saw another bear, so the rest of us went to find firewood. " wait." April cried. " you can't leave me alone, one of you stay please." " ugh, I'll stay." Alex said as he sat on a fold up chair next to where the fire was going to be.