Chapter 9- Friends into strangers

~Meredith's POV~
It had been a few days since me and Cristina's fight and things weren't going so well. We were all at work pretty early as a big trauma came in a few hours ago and me and Cristina avoided each other as best as we could. To be honest I think Derek and Owen were avoiding each other it was like we all had sides, Meredith and Derek, Cristina and Owen. I was in trauma 1 helping out a 37 year old female when Cristina came in to do a quick check up. I stepped back and didn't speak and let Cristina do what she needed to do. " order a MRI to be sure that there isn't any damage to her lungs." Cristina said as she walked out of the room. I sighed and asked one of the nurses to get an MRI. I took the patient into room 2794 and did another routine check up and then went back to the ER. Luckily, Cristina was in surgery so I didn't have to worry about avoiding her for a while.

" hello I'm Dr.Grey, and your name is?" and I sat down next to the patient." my name is Liam." he said shyly. " how old are you?" I smiled. " 6." He replied. " okay Liam I'm just going to do some sutures and you should be fine." I comforted him. Once I had finished the sutures I asked his mom to fill in some paper work and then he could go home. " all done." I said looking at Liam. I stood up and felt a wave of dizziness and immediately sat back down again. " are you okay?" Liam questioned. " yes I'm fine." I smiled. I slowly got up and said goodbye to Liam and headed to an on-call room to lie down. I went over to the 2nd floor and lay down on the bed. I starred at the ceiling and my eyes slowly shut and I soon fell asleep. Not long after, I heard the door open and heard laughing. I woke up to see Cristina and Owen doing things. I stood up and left the room without saying anything. 'Well that was awkward.'

I checked the clock and it said 12:15. I was looking round for Derek as I hadn't seen him all day. I headed over to the cafeteria and went to get some food. " hello." Derek smiled as he placed his hands around my waste and kissed my neck. " oh hey, I've been looking for you." I said grabbing some food and placing it on my plate. " why, is everything okay?" Derek asked still having his hands around my waste. " yeah yeah I just haven't seen you all morning." I replied. " well I'm here now." he whispered as we both headed to a table to eat. We began to eat as his pager went off, " I'm so sorry I have to go." he frowned as she kissed me on the cheek and went off to work. I was sitting, eating my lunch alone until Alex came and sat next to me. We were talking for a while until we saw Cristina walk past.

^^ then watching Cristina walk past

" Mer you should say something to her, I mean it's been a few days and you guys are each other freakin' person." Alex exclaimed. I turned round and looked at him. " I'm not going to apologise." "I never said you had to." Alex replied. I rolled my eyes and stood up and approached Cristina. " ugh, hey so umm I wanted to just say hi." I said nervously. " umm hey." Cristina said looking at me awkwardly, " I'm sorry about earlier about what happened in the on-call room." " oh it's fine." I responded. " anyways I'm gonna go back to work." I said as a walked away.
I went back over to Alex. " I hate you." I said frustratedly.

~That night~
I was at home lying in bed with Derek. " so how was the rest of your day?" He asked. " it was alright I guess." I answered as I kissed him and brushed my fingers through his hair. " I'm gonna go get some sleep." I yawned. We snuggled up and went to bed.

A/N Sorry about this chapter I wasn't sure on what to write and I don't know where I'm going with this Meredith and Cristina thing. This chapter is kinda short but I'll try to make the next chapter longer and more interesting.
Byee x
Tiktok- merdermainly
Insta- merdermainly