2

It's been a week and I've learned everything about Aurora.

Her name is Aurora Violet Fields. She was born and raised in New York City, going to a high school just a few blocks away from where I'm standing. No siblings, lives alone but often visits her dad, her mom left years ago. But good riddance, Aurora. She didn't deserve you if she wanted to leave.

Do I deserve you?

No - I don't. I've met women just like her. I made them fall in love with me and then broke their hearts for sport. Because it was fun. Because I enjoyed causing somebody pain, even if it was just emotional, and not psychical.

But Aurora isn't like the other women I've met. She's different.

I watch her work from across the street. The smile she gives people makes a smile reach their faces as well.

It's been a week since I've heard your voice, Aurora. And it feels like it's killing me. I can't think about anything else but you. When I'm cooking, when I'm shopping, when I'm jerking off.

My dick twitches in my pants just looking at her.

God, are you something, Aurora. I always found the idea of religion comical until I laid my eyes upon you. Your beauty is unearthly - it's captivating.

She reaches across the counter to hand the elder man his coffee when she accidentally drops it and it spills against the counter. She's quick to apologize and begin cleaning it up under the dim lighting.

Aurora is very danger-prone. And she doesn't even know it.

I've been watching over her. For her safety, of course. I've been following her to work, following her home, watching her from across the gym while she works out. She doesn't even notice how many disgusting men lock their malicious eyes upon her. The repulsive sexual look behind them has caused me to cut a few brakes and take a few lives.

I'll kill her. Eventually. 

But first, I want to get to know her. 

I go to take a step forward when something stops me. A guy walks in. He looks like a douchebag and I hate everything about him.

But he walks up to Aurora confidently. I watch her face carefully, waiting to see her reaction.

If you need me, Aurora, I'll be over there in an instant. I will kill him for making you uncomfortable.

But then puke rises in my throat.

He kisses her. It's just a kiss on the cheek but they might as well have been fucking straight on the counter without a condom.

My jaw clenches and my fist balls as I watch.

You have a boyfriend, Aurora?

They talk. It's a sweet and simple conversation, but it went on for far too long. Every single moment I see him speaking to her my urge to kill him grows.

You think you can talk to what's mine?

Stop, Saint. Stop it. This girl is nobody more than somebody you will kill. 

My phone rings in my pocket. I raise it to my ear and answer without ever taking my eyes off of them talking while cars repeatedly drive on the road between us.

"Hey mom," I say in a forced happy tone.

"I told you he'd answer, Kingston!" my mom calls out to my father. I can feel him roll his eyes. "How are you, Saint? Are you liking New York?"

My eyes lock on Aurora. It's like she moves in slow motion while I look at her. Her dark brown hair is up in a ponytail with two strands framing her face.