35

6 months later.

The frosted window is foggy yet you can still see the snow quickly dancing around outside. It's white, thick, and fluffy, just like this goddamn cat near my feet.

I look down at Blanco. He nuzzles against my leg, something he has only recently started doing. 

"Okay! It's done!" Aurora says while rushing into the kitchen. 

I turn to look at her. She opens the oven and slips on oven mitts before taking the food she had cooked out of the oven. She sets it down on the counter and shuts the oven with her knee.

"Alright!" she pushes her hair out of her face and begins eyeing the food and playing with her hands. She gives me a worried look. "Does it look awful? You better tell me if it looks like a pile of shit."

I grab her hands in mine and bend to be the same height as her. I look into her eyes and tell her softly, "Stop worrying, my love."

She takes a deep breath and nods her head a few times.

"I just want this to be perfect," she sighs. I smile.

"Everything you do is perfect," I tell her.

Now, she smiles.

"6 months of living in France and I'm still not used to eating dinner at 9 pm," she says while glancing at the clock.

The doorbell rings.

"Oh my gosh I'm gonna throw up from nerves," she says dramatically.

"Relax," I hold her hand in mine as we start walking toward the front door. I kinda have to pull her with me since she was basically trying to hide. "My parents are going to love you."

Tomorrow night, we're leaving to travel the world. We're spending the entire next year traveling and going to every single country she could ever dream of, since traveling was her dream.

And loving was mine. And since she made my dream come true, I'm making hers come true. 

But, since we were leaving for so long, my parents insisted they needed to meet her before we go off on our journey. Well, more my mother than my father.

"I'm so scared, I'm so scared, I'm so scared...." Aurora whispers over and over again under her breath as I grab the doorknob.

Ever since I told her the full story of my parent's past and things my father has done, she's been terrified to meet him. 

I swing the door open, and before I can even breathe, my mom's arms are wrapped around me in the tightest hug ever.

"I missed you so much!" she exclaims, her hug literally so tight that I can't breathe.

"Sienna, you're turning the boy blue," my father says from behind her, in his usual sarcastic tone.

She pulls away from me and gives me a smile, kissing my cheek. She turns to look at Aurora.

"Hi! It's so nice to meet you, I'm Sienna and this is my husband Kingston," my mom introduces, keeping a smile on her face the entire time.

My father wears a black suit and tie, and steps into our home and out of the cold winter air.

"It's very nice to meet you, Aurora," my dad says to her.

She stares at him in shock for a moment. She stutters, almost while giggling, "Oh my God - you two look identical."

"I'm more attractive, but thank you," my dad smirks. I roll my eyes and Aurora laughs, all of her nerves disappearing in an instant. 

My dad looks around the house and sniffs, "That smells amazing. The wine we brought should go well with it, I'm sure you two have loved living up here in the mountains peacefully after everything that happened in New York."