17

It's been a week. And they found nothing.

They couldn't pull any security footage, because it had already been pulled by somebody else.

It makes me fucking furious. Not being able to fucking strangle the person that did that to Aurora.

But, with her standing in front of me, how mad can I really be?

"Okay!" she says cheerfully, swinging the bathroom door open and taking a few steps out before doing a spin. "How do I look?"

Her black dress is short, but her black heels aren't. Half of her brown hair is up, and the other half is down. All of the jewelry matches the same golden tone, and if it were appropriate, I would've fallen to the ground and kissed where she walked.

"Perfect," I say, breathlessly. "Fucking perfect."

I quickly rise to my feet and kiss her. Compared to her, I look like shit. Black slacks, black dress shoes, and a white button-up shirt. I put some gel into my curly hair to try and look more put-together, however compared to her, I might as well have done nothing.

The fact that she kisses me back makes me feel like the luckiest person alive.

Over this past week, I haven't killed a single person.

Talk of the masked killer has died down with the current lack of victims. I've been too occupied making sure Aurora was okay and taken care of.

She's been staying with me. Blanco is in the living room. He doesn't like to enter my bedroom, it's like it's poisonous to him or something. 

"Okay! Time to go get drunk until we get kicked out," she smiles, and I can't help but squeeze her cheeks as she does.

I told her I wanted to take her on a date. To which she replied with, 'No! Let me take you on a date first.'

So now, we're on our way to a club. 

Life has been completely perfect for the past week. I've woken up beside her and fallen asleep next to her, every single day. We've stayed up until 6 am baking cookies, we've watched every classic movie imaginable, and I could never forget the fucking showers we've taken together.

This is the perfect life for me. She is the perfect life for me.

It's mid-July. Half of my stay here is done. 

But I know that in my heart, Aurora, there is no way you'll be okay with me leaving. You've gotten addicted to the kisses in our soft sheets and the braids I put your hair in while you laugh, watching your favorite show.

I'd give her a fairytale life in France. I'd give her a mansion, unlimited money, freedom to do whatever she wishes. 

"Shit," she frowns, looking down at the knitted white cardigan she had on her arms to keep her warm. "It ripped. It was my favorite."

"I'll get you a new one," I tell her.

She shakes her head, "The brand doesn't make it anymore. It's fine - no big deal."

I see in her blue eyes that it upsets her. And that's not no big deal. I'll fix this for you, Aurora. I promise.

I park in front of the club. The music inside escapes the building and you can hear it even from the inside of my car. 

I wasn't going to drink. I couldn't drink and compromise myself. What if something were to happen to Aurora, and I was too drunk to help?

I hold onto her hand, making her stay close to me as we enter. Since it's a Saturday night, I'm not surprised that it's filled with people.