~promise~

I sat on the swings with tears running down my face, I was a tad bit to big for the swing, since it was a swing for a very little kid, it was pitch black outside. A light beamed on my face. "Y/N?" I heard a boy voice say. It was my best friend Robin arellano. "Woah are you okay?" He says with a voice crack. I sniffle and tell him "it's late, I think, you should go home" his eyes widen and he says " no way I'm leaving you out here by yourself! I've been worried sick, all day" I look up at him and fake a small smile. He hops over to the swing beside mine. "Y/N" he says softly. "Yeah?" I say turning to look at him. "I know you probably don't wanna like, tell me what's happening, or anything but can we promise something?" He turns to look at me, a soft grin on his small face. "What's the promise?" I say, softening my face. "That we won't let anything happen to each other, and we can like, tell each other if anything happens?" He says raising his eyebrows, but still keeping a sweet face. "Okay, I, Y/N L/N promise I won't let anything happen to you, Robin Arellano" he smiles and reply's "I, Robin Arellano promise I won't let anything happen to you, Y/N L/N" We lock pinky's, like a pinky promise and he offers to walk me home, obviously I say yes.

I wake up suddenly, I had another memory, one from a while ago.

I get up and shower, I stare at the scar on my nose from Moose and his rock. I sighed and got dressed and ready for the day. My phone rang, I picked up, "Hey?" I say, questioning

"Go to the park, it isn't an offer, it's a request" I didn't recognize the voice but I decided to just hang up the phone. What's the worst that'll happen?

I step outside and walk towards the park, mentally preparing myself for whatever's there to greet me. I sit on a bench and stare at my shoes until a big figure appears in front of me "Hey, Prick!" The voice says. Suddenly everything goes dark and all the sound around me kinda screeches and then fades out.

I woke up in the hospital, to see my mom beside my bed. "Oh dear, you got knocked out at the park, any idea who might've done it?" She says rubbing my head. I try and remember, but I can't, nobody's face comes into memory. "I'm sorry, mom, I didn't see them" I say with slight guilt laced in my voice.

She pauses and looks around, as if she was looking for something to talk about. "There's a boy, been trying to get in here all day" She says smiling. She looks down at me and stops, again. "Oh man, I gotta go, I'll be late!" She says grabbing her stuff and almost running out, before running back and hugging me. "Okaybyeiloveyou!" She says before running out.

~~~~~~~~

I sat there on the weird bed, poking at some peas with a fork. It was boring in the hospital, my TV had nothing good on it, there's nothing fun I can do, and the foods gross.

Suddenly a nurse comes in with her clipboard and whatnot. "Miss, Y/N, somebody's here to see you!" She says, it's probably mom, again. I think to myself. "Okay, let them in" I say nodding my head and pointing towards the door. "And get me something different, please, peas make me sick" I call out to her, I can basically hear her eye roll as I watch her strut to the door and say "On it, ma'am"

I wait for the awaited 'visitor' if that's what they'd call it. It's probably mom, I don't know why I'm hyping myself up so much for someone I've seen everyday. I was about half asleep while watching TV when I heard

"Hey, Y/N, what happening?"