~falling leaves~

I turned around, quickly to see robin cheering for me as Braelyn was getting absolutely DEMOLISHED. I smiled at him why's he been distant lately? sure he had suspension (a lot btw) but why did he not talk to me, like at all?? I turned back around, obviously mad at Robin for ignoring me, and Braelyn for spreading dirty rumors about us.

I stood up and swept my hands together shaking off all dirt and what-not. I took my bag out of Bruce's hands. "Thanks Bruce" I said looking up at him. "For...?" He said staring down at me. "Helping me out, yknow?" I said shrugging. "Oh, yeah, totally!" He said nodding and smiling. Then with that, we continued to school.

~~~~~~~

"Now, who can tell me what's-" the teacher said. I zoned out after that, not really caring about what he had to say. I felt a paper ball hit my head. I grabbed it and un crumpled it. "Hallway. After class. We aren't done ~BR" the lousy letter said, in sloppy handwriting. I sighed and got up to through the paper away.

~Robins POV~

I wrote down on a small piece of paper "Hi" in a bubble, showing it was coming from my side, as a kid we always used to do that when passing notes to each other. I sat it on her desk as she continued to walk back, staring dirtily at Braelyn, I didn't say anything about us, Braelyns jealous, and she doesn't know what it's like to be loved by someone as amazing as Y/N.

I saw her pick up the paper and read it, before grabbing a pencil and writing something down. She wrote "Hi" in a bubble too, coming from the right. I hated butterflies, so when I'd feel them, I'd call them leaves, like the ones in fall. The green and red and brown and orange ones. Butterflies were weird, leaves.. weren't. I only felt leaves when I was with her.

I scribbled on the paper " Sorry for being distant, I was kinda ehhh in trouble, I guess? And I was grounded, so sorry." I handed it to her. She wrote something than slowly pushed it towards me on my desk. "Your fine, don't apologize 🖤" Oh.My. She had drawn a heart, and colored it in!! Am I the luckiest guy, or what?

"Mr arellano, Ms L/N. What's happening? Bring it here" the teacher says. She looks at me with wide eyes and I take what we used to call 'the walk of shame' up to the teacher handing him the little note. "A heart? Really? You guys are young. Love is naive for you" he says shaking his head and looking at us. "To learn from your mistakes, detention, after class" he says pointing at us.

"Yes sir.." I heard Y/N's voice, I hadn't heard it in a while, it was nice to hear it again. I looked at her and smiled. "Robin, is there something on her face? Quit eyeing her" the teacher said. I sighed and looked down.

"Speaking of detention, Robin and Carter, you both failed the test." I stared at the teacher in pure shock. "Seriously?" I hear Y/N say. "Robins been studying this for weeks! Now Carter cheats off him and Robin has to fail the test?" Y/N says obviously angry. "I mean, that is some bull sh1t!!" She says slamming her hand on the desk.

"You can take that language, STRAIGHT TO DETENTION!" The teacher says staring at her, if looks could kill, she'd be long gone. She sat back in her chair and crossed her arms. "Anyone else?" The teacher says sighing. I stand up quickly. Y/N and the teacher give me weird looks. I push everything off my desk. "Eh, uh, mother f^ck3r" I say, nervously. "Okay fine, detention again for you too, Mr Arellano." I turn beside me and smile at Y/N as she gives me a funny look but smiles back.

I hear her small laugh and I feel those falling leaves again
~Y/N POV~

Just perfect.