03

BELLE
° 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 °

"Hello Grumpy," I smile widely.

He looks at me, eyes travelling down my body before he met my eyes. "Hi beautiful,"

"How was your week? I'm sorry we couldn't do the me being your tour guide thing as I wanted, I've been busy," I try giving him a smile.

"It's okay, I've been busy too," he's lip twitch but he didn't quite smile. He rarely smiles.

"That's good. Very good. Being busy is good," what the fuck are you saying Belle? "Until your under an insane amount of pressure that being busy isn't a good thing. Because well pressure isn't a good thing. Unless you like being pressured and it does something good to your system?" Why am I still talking?

That's a mystery.

"Right," he says, so obviously confused and amused.

I slap myself internally. I'm supposed to be immune to embarrassing moments. Well, that's what I've been telling myself. I'm not sure why.

"Is everything okay with your Grandma?"

I give him a thumbs up. "Yes, great. She just slipped on her bad hip but the neighbours called the ambulance so it's okay, I just stayed until she kicked me out yesterday," I sigh happily.

"That's good, I'm glad she's okay,"

Me too, I don't know what I would've done if she wasn't. She's my only family. My best friend. I blink away the tears that are forming in my eyes at the thought of me being alone, no family in my life whatsoever. Damn I'm dramatic.

I open my eyes, smiling widely as I watch his friends walk over to him. Sure, I'm quite jealous of that amount of friends he has. I wish that was me, but I seem to have a problem gaining them. I've accepted the fact that I'm not good enough for most people and that's okay.

"Oh, I can't make it to the first game of the season because I'll be out of town, but I wanted to give you this as a good luck charm," I grab his hand, placing my favourite necklace, in his palm. "You don't have to wear it though, in fact, you don't even have to say anything. I'm convinced I got caught in a net on my way home," I blurt, stepping back as he's friends come closer.

"Belle?" He starts, "what happened?"

I shake my head, "Nothing," I smile, "really, nothing happened. Everything's good," I'm just frustrated and scared with everything that happened this past week, but it's okay, I'm not going to ruin somebody's else's day with my boring, not important problems.

And I'm definitely not telling him the reason why I'll be out of town, I think I tell him to much. And that's not good. I told someone else to much and now most people from my old uni knows things I wish they didn't.

"Are you sure?" He frowns.

I nod, "Yes," and just to be clear, I add, "positive,"

He grabs my wrist gently and brings me closer, "Do you want to the tour guide thing now? I mean you're back so why the fuck not?"