15

BELLE
° 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 °

Seeing Hunter talk to a little boy who has down-syndrome and is also wearing Hunter's jersey really, really, really made me want to go drown myself in candy.

It's a reward and exceptionally cute, Thea and Xavier raised a good humbled man.

"What's wrong?" He asks when we're outside, Sabrina and the team in front of us.

"Nothing. Who was that cute kid?"

His entire face lights up as he smiles widely. "That's Jason. My mums friends with them so I see him often,"

"He's adorable,"

"I agree. They're coming over tonight. Are you coming?"

I hold my heart and nod. "Yes please!" Oh. "Never mind," I start, "I have to pick Grams up from the hospital,"

"Come after," he says, pulling me closer to him and wrapping his arm around my waist as we walk past a group of scary men and women who were smoking. They have a lot of piercings on their face and tattoos.

I smile at one of them when I accidentally make eye contact. I look away and focus back on Hunter, whose staring back at me. "I'm not sure, I have to take her back home for dinner and all,"

"Bring her with you, I would love to meet her. We have dinner,"

I blink, feeling a wave of calmness wash over me. Hunter and his family are extremely nice and he wouldn't invite her if he didn't want to meet her. It'd also be really good if she can get out of the house and talk to more people, she's also really good with kids.

But what if she forgets and the new environment causes her to freak? She's never been to this side before.

"I'll see," I say, choosing to reply with something simple. Then I do what I do best; talk. "I wish I could read peoples minds,"

"Why?"

"It'd be cool. And I'd love to know what everyone was thinking," I look up at him and scrunch my nose, "Not if they're thinking about fucking someone because then that's gross. Sure, maybe it's an invasion of privacy but they wouldn't know!"

"I'm surprised you didn't claim that superpower already,"

"I already claimed telekinesis,"

"Why not flying?" He asks, staring down at me. We stop at a traffic light, watching cars drive by as we make our way to lunch. I grin when I see Theo and Sab talking to themselves.

"Because what if I'm flying and a magpie eats me. Or what if I'm flying and then a plane hits me,"

"Why didn't I think of that?" He says dryly.

"Because you're a tad bit slow Grumpy,"

"And guess why I didn't choose invisibility," I say, biting my lip to hold in the laugh I know I'm going to let out when I tell him my funny joke.

"Why?"

"Because," I say lowly, trying to suppress a chuckle when he comes closer to listen to what I'm saying, "I'm already invisible,"

He moves away from me so fast and the laugh that comes out of me sounds so fucking demonic, a bird drops dead from the horrible noise.

He rolls his eyes and places his hand on my lower back, guiding me and the others to the place we're eating lunch. When we enter the restaurant, I dibs the window side and Hunter dibs the spot next to me. It was so funny, I could've reached into one of their back pockets and steal their wallet because they were distracted.