07

BELLE
° 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 °

Personally, I think my mission is going well. I haven't seen Hunter since last week, my amazing avoiding skills came in handy.

I'm at a fruit place market to get watermelon because I can. Until I see a little girl walking toward it from my opposite direction. Oh hell no! That's my watermelon, I thought about it first.

She catches me eyeing the watermelon and I realise she's gonna sprint for it, which sucks for her because I did track (I did not but she doesn't know that) so I run toward it and grab it, quicker than her by a second. She glares at me when she's in front of me and I resist the urge to dance and scream 'in your face sucker!'.

I'm obviously going to give her the watermelon, she's a kid and I'm not that rude. "My dads a lawyer, he can sue you," she crosses her arms across her chest.

"My dad is dead. He'll haunt you. I clearly won the competition of which parent is better,"

Her eyes widen and she turns, running off into another aisle. I was going to give her the watermelon but clearly, that won't happen. Would it be creepy if I follow her so I can give it to her? Probably. I sigh and turn, beginning to walk when I hear, "She's over there!" 

Am I getting arrested? Over watermelon? This is like a dream come true. I turn around but I see Hunter's familiar face looking down at the little girl. Oh no, oh no no no no. Damn it! I hate that little girl. I speed walk out of their view, still holding the watermelon. Looks like I'm buying it. Would it be illegal if I just walk out with it, I mean they don't have a scan thing, nobody will know I stole it.

"Belle!" I walk faster when I hear him yelling out my name.

"You know the girl who said her dad is gonna haunt me?" She gasps, "That means you don't need her number since you probably already have it, invite her over for dinner!" she's saying this all while running alongside Hunter. People are staring at us as we run through the market like our pants are being caught on fire.

I look behind me, the two of them gone. My heart deflates, patting my chest as I try breathing. Damn, maybe I really should join track. Fuck being a musician. "Belle."

"Gah!" I turn around, my hand coming in contact with Hunter's cheek. I wince when he turns to face me, the little girl giggling. I quickly give her the watermelon, "That was not my fault! You scared the living shit out of me! I took karate, so you should be glad I didn't knee your dick,"

There's a child here Belle, have a filter.

He's staring at me as if he's amused, "Great self defense,"

"I'm really sorry," I mumble, my cheeks scorching.

"You told my sister your dad was gonna haunt her?" he's smiling so I assume he isn't mad.

"She threatened to get your father involved," I huff defensively, "I don't have a lawyer! I can't be a lawyer. I'm to pretty to be in court,"

"Do you want to have dinner with us?" The little girl blurts. "We can share the watermelon then," she smiles sheepishly and looks down at the ground. I stare at Hunter as he waits, clearly for my answer.

"I can't," I wistfully smile.

"Oh," she nods slowly and looks up at Hunter, "I'm going to go get mangos, wait for me here," she says firmly. She mouths something to Hunter and he grins so wide, it makes my heart beat incredibly fast.