10

HUNTER
° 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 °

Belles staring eagerly at our game, my family and cousins surrounding her. How do I know this?

Because I cannot keep my eyes off her. And I think the other team knows that.

I skate, moving quickly with the puck as my blood flares with satisfaction. I score, the crowd growing wild but making Miller more pissed.

"Hot girl you got over there," Miller says, the left winger on the other team as he waves over to her. I wait for her reaction but it doesn't come because she's looking at me, not him.

I don't reply, gritting my teeth at the way he smirks. "She looks like a good fuck honestly,"

I ignore him, knowing Belle wouldn't want me giving some fucker a shiner, she would think I'm looking for a death wish fighting on ice.

She gives me a thumbs up before giving Vivi and my little cousin, Ace, pieces of cotton candy. My skates scrap the ice as my team skate, the puck with Theo as he passes it to me.

Miller comes by and I take this as an opportunity to deck him into the boards for saying the shit he said about Belle.

"Watch your fucking mouth next time dick,"

∞ ₒ ˚ ° 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞

We won 5-3 my team radiating with happiness as we enter my house. My family and Belle waiting for us inside and before I can even take a step in, Ace, Serena and Vivi jump on us.

"You guys won!" Vivi kisses my cheek before hugging the rest. My eyes meet Belles but she doesn't move, waiting for me to greet my family before I talk to her.

My mum kisses my cheek, telling me how good I did and that she's proud. Dad does the same and so does my aunt and uncle, grandma and grandpa. I hug my grandma and kiss her cheek.

I'm relieved when Belle finally wraps her arms around my neck, squealing with excitement.

"You did so so so good Hunter! Especially in the first and third period," her smile is so bright, you'll be able to find it in a room full of darkness.

"Thank you Belle," I say, not wanting to let her go. I just want to sit and listen to her talk for hours.

"I have so much to tell you! But I'll listen to whatever you want to say first because you guys just won a game which is super exciting! I'm so happy, like I can jump up and down and do fifty seven backflips with no trampoline and land them all," she says confidently.

"Maybe,"

She nods. "Maybe. Maybe we should stop saying maybe otherwise I'll maybe start talking about maybes again and we both know how that ended,"

"Belle!" Ace holds her hand, "I forgot to show you the toys mum and dad gave me!"

She gasps, "No way, you have to show me. But we have to eat first, how about after? They're probably starving. Are you starving?"

His tummy grumbles when he shakes his head, her head slamming into her palm as she tries to stifle her laughter.

"I think you're hungry Bud,"

"Maybe just a little," he shrugs shyly.

"Alright everyone sit!" Mum yells, telling everyone to take a seat. Belle stands awkwardly, fiddling with the hem of her sweater. Why is she nervous?

"What's wrong?"

She shakes her head. "Oh nothing. I'm gonna get going, but I'll text you later,"

"No."