14

HUNTER
° 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 °

"What are you doing?" I ask Belle who sits on the floor, her piano in front of her.

"Shh," she hisses gently, humming a lyric to a song I didn't recognise.

"Am I in an episode of 'The making of Belles new album'?"

She nods, pressing her fingers into the keys softly, writing down lyrics as she sings them out loud.

I sit on her bed, watching her silently as she works with the thoughts in her mind and puts it in one  fucking song. It's so fucking impressive.

"This song reminds me of you," she suddenly speaks up, looking at me with soft smile.

"Yeah?"

She nods. "I think I subconsciously wrote it about you,"

"Are you gonna sing it to me?"

"Maybe when it's done," she nods to herself. "I don't want you to find it weird,"

"Why would I find it weird?"

She shrugs.

"Let me see it," I say, reaching to grab her book before she smacks my hand away.

"No!"

"Why?"

"Because it's kind of a lot."

"I love that about you," I start, "you're writing is amazing Belle, I want to see what you think of me,"

"Soon. Let me finish it, then I swear I'll show you,"

"Promise?"

"Belle's honour,"

I nod, wrapping her hair around my hand and playing with it as she sings, pausing to change things she didn't like.

"Can you help me with something?" She speaks up, looking up at me from the floor.

"Of course,"

"I need you to play these keys," she holds my hand, pulling me to the floor.

I clear my throat. "I don't think I should do this. I'm more useful watching,"

She rolls her eyes, "I believe in you,"

"Are you feeling okay? Did you write a love song about me?"

Her cheeks brighten. "Was it that obvious?" She jokes.

"I can read the lyrics from here. Great eye sight,"

"Bullshit, your eye sight is worse than a rat. Oh,"

"Don't even think about calling me a fucking rat,"

"Hunter in his natural habitat,"

I get up from the floor, earning a laugh from Belle. "I was just kidding! Hey don't walk away from me!" She grabs onto my leg, wrapping herself around it.