Chapter 0 - Thoughts

Outsider - Classroom Of The Elite

"Ah..."

I could feel the intestines ripping in my stomach.

The first thing that came into my mind was the growing concern about the unimaginable amount of pain that'd come afterwards. However, to my surprise it wasn't anything like that.

When the dagger tore through my flesh, I didn't feel any pain. On the contrary, it was rather painless; a cold sensation. Perhaps it was because he stabbed me in the 'point', which is probably why didn't feel anything. I could only feel the alien object penetrating through my belly and go out. Everything happened in less than a second.

A warm sensation quickly filled my lower body afterwards.

"Augh!"

With the fleeting strength left in my arm, I tried pressing on whatever remained of my belly. My thighs were trembling violently, as if warning me about my inevitable collapse. I couldn't do anything to stop it. There was nothing I could do other than to accept it openly.

That's how things were decided to be...

My hands were already out of commission. My legs were yelling at me to give up. The body that I once called mine wouldn't listen to me no more.

I slowly crouched...

I knelt down...

I curled like a ball...

And then finally, I collapsed...

My cheek gently touched the snow on the ground. A sense of piercing coldness invaded my body. Fresh blood poured on the snow, adding a vermilion touch on the white canvas. On that fateful evening, a beautiful screen of whiteness and red filled my vision.

"It is unfortunate." a voice rang out. "I really wish we had met under better circumstances."

My eyes belatedly wandered toward the man's direction. A hooded figure was standing in front of me. The bandages hanging around at his neck gave him an unnatural look. His slender figure and pale skin would make anyone think that he's a patient suffering from anemia. Like a vampire ready to prey on its victim, he opened his mouth...

"May the fate be with you, [GRAY]"

The man walked away. Like a passerby ignoring the beggar asking for food, he refused to even look back. I could only look at his fleeting broad back.

"Huagh!..Augh!!!" I vomited. The mixture of waste and blood soiled my clothes. Perhaps the adrenaline wore off? I felt sharp pain resonating all over the wounds.

"Hah... Hah..."

A sharp pain struck me every time I tried to breathe. Pain began to flood every corner of my body. My eyes were burning. My ears were ringing. My own body felt alien to me. I could feel my soul slowly being dragged out of my body.