Chapter 3.13 - Outsider

╗🄾🅄🅃🅂🄸🄳🄴🅁 ╚

"About time someone decided to show up."

There was no need for me to look as I already knew who that voice belonged to.

After I woke up, my stomach was grumbling like an earthquake. That's why I went to the cafeteria to get something for my hungry soul. However, to my surprise, Horikita was waiting there for me. With a cute cup of coffee, and 'not-so-cute' murderous glare, she was sitting on the table right next to the entrance.

"Good afternoon." I dryly greeted.

"The nerve of you to make me wait for five hours." She scolded me.

She was waiting for me here for FIVE hours?! I call nonsense on that statement!

"Sorry. As an apology, let me buy you a parfait." I replied

"I'll have to decline. I'm not fond of sweet things."

"I see."

"Also, the food here is free. So stop pretending like you are paying for this." Few veins popped on her forehead as a result.

"Tch."

"Getting back into the topic at hand..." Horikita took a sip from her coffee. "I'd like you to tell me how we ended up getting that many points."

"In the middle of the cafeteria, for everyone to overhear?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I initially kept that in mind when I called you."

"Let's just get this over with." I rubbed my forehead. "Firstly, finish your coffee."

"The coffee can wait." Horikita put down her cup and stood up.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night.." I sighed.

What a waste of coffee... I was tempted to finish it for her, but that'd be way too creepy, even for me.

We exited the cafeteria together and was headed toward the back of the ship. As the ship was now in motion, everyone instinctively gathered around at the front deck to enjoy the view of what was in front of them. That's why there were barely any people in the back.

Not to mention my recurring sea sickness. I somehow managed to reach the deck while trying my hardest not to tremble and collapse in dizziness. I immediately leaned my body on top of a railing to support myself. After regaining my composure, I straightened my posture and stood up.

"Explain... What do these test results mean? And how did you do it?"

"It's too presumptuous to say that I was the only one who did it." I replied while focusing on the last part. "We were all part of this plan, weren't we?"

"I refuse to imagine it." she shot back. "The scenario is full of grey areas that I can't understand no matter how much I think about them. I have a mountain of questions."

"Very well. I'll answer everything. You know the rules. Whatever transpires in this deck stays in this deck." I asked her with a stoic face.

"I'm perfectly fine with this arrangement. Just tell me what I want to know." She replied.

Horikita was trustable, not because I had her wrapped around my fingers, but she was also aware that if these types of info got leaked, if would mean serious damage to me, and thus her dreams of reaching class A. She would sew her lips if need be.

"What would you like to ask?"

"Everything. From beginning to end, what was your 'actual' plan?"

I finally began explaining everything from the very beginning.