Chapter 2.10 - Night

"Is that supposed to be a joke?" asked Manabu.

"No." I replied bluntly.

"What exactly are you trying to state?"

I whipped my phone out and navigated to the web browser. After providing my credentials, I checked inside Ayanokouji's secret-massage profile. It was as I had expected. Ayanokouji recorded a good portion of our brawl. He was quick enough to send me the clip immediately for me to blackmail "senpai".

"The evidence of the student council president Horikita Manabu's attempt of attacking two first year students."

What amazed me the most was the fact that I didn't even discuss about doing something like this with Ayanokouji. I jumped in completely out of the blue without telling him anything. Yet he had caught on to my plan and quickly adapted himself accordingly. Truly a one in a million prodigy...

The elder Horikita carefully analyzed the contents of the video. In the video the moment when Manabu backhanded me, thus initiating the attack was clearly shown.

"This...? Oh, I see."

See what exactly?

"Judging by the perspective of the cameraman, there was someone else who recorded this clip."

"You're surprisingly calm about this. Are you not afraid? What if we complain to the faculty office? This should be viable enough to file a complaint. And if that's not enough, than I shall publish this on our school forum and every single social media, slandering your name with everything I have thereby."

"Are you threatening me?"

"Yes. I am threatening you with the possibility of expulsion."

"Wait, Levent-kun. What are you-" at that moment Horikita finally managed to speak up again. But was immediately shut off by Manabu.

"That's not going to happen." Manabu said calmly.

"May I ask what your reason is for thinking like that?"

"Because if you truly intended to suspend me, you would've done that without saying anything. You would've kept your mouth shut and attacked me from behind. But instead, you warned me immediately. There has to be a reason for why you did that. I don't think you are doing this for mere good will. Are you perhaps trying to exploit me?"

"Bingo." I said while closing my phone. "Word it however you will. At the end of the day, your graduation ceremony depends on me. Say, where do you go from here, president?"

Manabu silently glared at me for a good few seconds. I'm sure that he was agonizing over his head due to the humiliation caused by me alone. But unlike Suzune, Manabu wasn't egoistic. He was a man with a clam and collected head. He knew that his actions now would greatly influence his future. There was only one option which could ensure him complete security.

"Sigh" Manabu seemed to understand what that option was. "Tell me, what is your price for the deletion of that video clip."

"You're on the right path, but not quite stable on it."

"What?"

"It's not points that want. What I want is nothing more than your cooperation. I need your help on certain occasions. That's why I'm doing this on the first place. And one more thing. It's upto me to delete, isn't it? There is no way I am going to delete this now. This will not be a one-time agreement. Whether you like it or not does not matter. Instead of saying 'deletion of video', I'd rather 'temporarily keep my mouth shut.'"