Chapter 2.3 - Study Group

[Warning: Brain damage]

"Haaaaaaaaaah~" I gave the biggest yawn ever.

Last night, I couldn't get a single blink of sleep, mostly due to me trying to become a nocturnal being. After I returned to my room, I decided to 'research' the contents of the playlist I saw on his laptop. Surprisingly, most of the tips they gave me were indeed useful, from a loner's perspective to say the least.

More importantly, I was trembling in dizziness because I was that tired. It was hard for me to hold back all of my yawns. In order to not make my tiredness any more apparent, I slapped myself in the cheeks... which ended up landing more eyes on me. I, therefore, heard some chuckles.

With the pace slower than a sloth, the lunch period finally came. No sooner had the teacher left, I immediately collapsed on my desk, using my bag and my arms as a makeshift pillow. Forget about lunch I need rest, badly. I closed my unexplainablely heavy eyes.

Ah, sleeping feels nice~

"Levent-kun... Umm, Levent-kun?"

Unfortunately my slumber was short-lived. Someone decided to pull me by my shirt as soon as I closed my eyes. By the sound of the voice, it didn't take long for me to understand the person behind that voice.

It was Kikyo.

"What is it, Kikyo-san?" said while remaining in a sleeping posture.

"Ah, sorry to disturb you. I just wanted to ask you one thing, Levent-kun."

"Yes?" I already know the answer to that question.

"I want to participate in the study group, too."

I raised my head.

"What?"

"Yes. I want to study with everyone. Will it be a problem if I join?"

I internally sighed. Although I pretended not to understand her request, Kikyo was fooling everyone but me. I knew exactly what she was truly after. She wanted to get close to Horikita in order to gain her weaknesses so she could use it against her.

So you're finally making your move, eh?

"I don't see a problem in doing that, but... why are doing this? If I remember correctly, you are one of the top few students."

"I suppose that's true. But you see, I want to be friends with everyone. That's why I've been trying to befriend Horikita-san. But sadly she had been acting distant towards me ever since we met."

"So that's why you want to use this opportunity to get close to her, correct?"

"Right you are~."

Under normal circumstances, I honestly wouldn't mind helping her with the disposal of Horikita. But, now that I've finally managed to entrap Horikita in all of my strings, the options had drastically changed. In other words, I simply did not approve of her termination.

I nodded in affirmative.

"I guess I can see where you're coming from."

"So then, when do we start?" she asked.

"We plan on starting tomorrow."

"I see."

Then an I was hit with an idea.

"Kikyo-san, can you persuade Sudou into joining us? I'm concerned about his grades."

"Ah, I understand. I feel the same to."