Chapter 3.7 - Expedition

Day 2, 10:27 PM.

Only minutes after the morning roll call had ended, we began preparing for our expedition. While Hirata was briefing and sorting the food gathering party, I was filling out my water bottle to prepare for my own expedition. Everything was going peacefully, until...

"Hey, what the hell?! Guys!"

Ike suddenly called out to us. Immediately we looked in his direction, only to see two male students inanimately standing in front of him, wearing wide, smug grins. They were stuffing their faces with potato chips and drinking bottles of soda. I also noticed Ibuki swiftly going inside the tent, as soon as she became aware of their presence.

"Well, well, well. Looks like these idiots are living like the cockroaches they are."

I couldn't recognize who they were. The original characters who were supposed to be here, Kondou and Komiya's studentship at this school were permanently terminated alongside Ishizaki's. They were completely out of the picture.

Judging from Ibuki's 'reaction', it was a no-brainer that the students were from Class D. Probably sent by Ryuen to send his message to us. These minor characters were probably forced into the spotlight after I eliminated the trio, which was kind of interesting in its own way.

"Hey, Ibuki-san. You recognize those two?" I asked in a hushed voice, to which Ibuki slowly nodded in reply.

"Nomura Yuuji and Tokitou Hiroya. They're from my class."

Yeah, no. I've never heard of them.

"What did you even eat for breakfast? Grass? Or maybe bugs? Here, you can have some snacks." said the one who appeared to be Nomura.

They took a bag of potato chips and tossed it near Ike as they drew nearer. It was obvious that they were trying to get a reaction out of us. They were practically asking for a fight, which seemed to be working quite well. After have enough of their shenanigans, Horikita approached the duo.

"Do you two have any significant reason to come here?"

"Hey, it's an island for all. We can go anywhere and do whatever we want. Do you have a problem with that?" Tokitou retorted.

I couldn't really tell whether they were just pretending to be ignorant, or they were legitimately clueless.

"Yes, we do have a problem. You're currently trespassing on our campsite without our permission. If you don't have anything important to state to us then I suggest you leave the premise immediately. Or perhaps you'd prefer it more if we called a teacher?"

"Tch!" they clicked their tongue in unison.

"There's no need. It's not like we want to stay in this dump." Tokitou uttered.

"We have a message from Ryuuen. If you want to enjoy your summer vacation to the fullest, come to the beach right now. Don't hang back. If you're sick of living like idiots, then we're happy to share our luxuries."

After Nomura was done with his announcement, they left the camp without delay.

"What the hell was their deal?" Yukimura muttered.

"They said something about enjoying the summer vacation, right?" Satou mused.

"And to be as bold as to offer us some of their luxury. Could it be that they're burning all their points?" Karuizawa speculated.

"Yeah, I guess class D has completely lost it after their demotion haha." Shinohara chuckled.

While everyone was busy processing this entire event, I turned my attention back to Ibuki. Although I didn't have any significant reason to engage in this conversation, I did anyway.