Chapter 05

Friday 19th September, 1976

It was Friday, and I was ready to set my plan in motion. During lunch, when Regulus Black was in the Great Hall, I made my way to the Slytherin Common Room. I knew where it was thanks to the marauders, but I was yet to know the password, so I had to wait for a Slytherin to enter or exit the common room and then sneak in.

Shouldn't be too hard.

I waited in front of the common room for about 15 minutes, and just as I was going to give up and attempt this prank some other time, I heard hurried footsteps coming towards me. I hid behind a corner and watched as a second year Slytherin swiftly whispered the password to his common room and entered.

Taking my chance, I half walked, half ran inside after him, hiding behind a pillar so as to keep myself hidden. I couldn't help the gasp that came out of my mouth as I stared at the Slytherin Common Room though.

It was lavish, with green silk banners hung around the room, a beautiful ornate fireplace, and plush couches and seats spread across the room with French polished wooden tables dotted along the place as well.

The thing that I admired the most though, was, by far, the large windows at the end of the common room that looked out into the depths of the black lake. As I stared at the window, I swear I saw a tentacle belonging to the Giant Squid pass by, but it was gone before I could properly look at it.

I shook myself out of my awe and crept along the walls until I got to the Slytherin dorms. Deciding to go to the left, I followed the hallway, opening and closing the doors as I went, trying to figure out which one was Regulus's. I knew that I was searching the boys' dormitories from the state of their rooms, but it was only when I opened one of the doors furthest from the hallway entrance that I knew I'd entered Regulus Black's dorm.

The reason was the shiny Black family crest printed on many things that lay scattered across the floor. I entered the dorm and walked up to Regulus's bed. It was neatly made, but I could still spot the creases on his pillow where he would have rested his face, his hair dishevelled and strewn over his face, and where his blankets would have been ruffled, covering him as he slept, his breaths the only noise coming from him.

I blinked, and then blinked again. What the fuck was I thinking? Why the hell was I thinking about Regulus Black sleeping? And why did I feel my stomach doing summersaults as I thought of him sleeping in the bed right in front of me?

I shook my head and moved to the bathroom, where I completed my plan. It wasn't that difficult, and by the end of it I was already thinking about the satisfaction I'd feel when I saw him. I walked out of his bathroom, about to exit his dorm, when the door handle turned and someone opened the door.

I freaked out and hid in the closet, keeping it open a crack so I could see whoever entered the room, and, of course, it was Regulus Black. Hoping he was just coming in here to grab something and then leave, I stayed in the closet, but when he started taking his shirt off I was caught off guard.

His body, was, well, beautiful. I hated it, but it was true. His skin was pale, and his chest seemed to have been sculptured by the gods themselves. He was lean and muscular, and one of the most beautiful people I'd ever seen.

His hands moved with grace as he threw his shirt on the ground and started unbuttoning his trousers. That was when I snapped back to reality and realised I had been admiring Regulus Black getting undressed from inside a closet. What sort of a freak was I?

I was definitely not going to let myself stand in a closet while Regulus Black got undressed in front of me, and before I knew it I was jumping out of the closet shrieking for him to stop. Regulus's head jerked in my direction and he jumped back, stumbling against his bed.