Chapter 59

Wednesday 12th May, 1977

I missed waking up to Regulus everyday. That was the thing that I missed the most now that I was back in my Gryffindor dorm. I missed being able to stare at him sleeping peacefully, missed how clingy he was when he was drowsy. I missed that I spent less time with him now, exactly what Regulus had feared would happen, but I was determined not to let it last.

I was walking to class with Regulus and the other Slytherins, as well as Pandora and Dorcas, the seven of us sharing a potions class together. As we walked, I held Regulus's hand, still feeling a jolt of adrenaline any time Regulus and I shared any form of PDA. I was slowly getting used to it though, and found that I immensely enjoyed being with him in public.

"You know," Evan started, "I've started to miss your two friskiness."

Barty nodded his head. "I second that. The dorms a bit boring without you."

I placed a hand on my heart. "Barty, do you miss me?"

The Slytherin scoffed, rolling his eyes as he crossed his arms. He didn't deny it though, and I took it as a success. The others started teasing him about liking me more than Regulus, something Evan was all too happy to participate in.

"Hey, do you wanna break up?" he offered. "I'd hate to keep you from your one true love."

Barty spluttered. "What? No! Evan!"

"Wait, who would I be with then?" Regulus asked with a pout.

Evan thought about for a second before giving Regulus a suggestive look. "I mean... we'd both be single."

I raised my eyebrows, surprised by the turn the conversation had taken. I shared a look with Barty and knew he was not at all happy with what was going on. I had to admit, I was a little jealous myself, especially because Regulus seemed to be considering Evan's offer.

"Yeah, okay, enough of this," Barty demanded, pulling his boyfriend to the other side of him in an attempt to put some distance between Regulus and Evan. I was secretly thankful he did it so I didn't have to do it myself.

"What were we talking about?" Avery asked. "Oh, right yeah, Y/n. You gotta move back into the dorm."

I blinked, surprised. "What?"

Regulus elbowed Avery in the side before turning to me. "What he meant, was you could come back, even though you don't have to."

I was startled by his offer, but also warmed. I had thought I was only in their dorm because I needed a space to stay, but now I was realising that they had wanted me there. It made me happier than I'd like to admit, especially because it meant Regulus must have been missing me as much as I missed him.

"I'd like that," I said quietly.

Dorcas grinned at me, raising her eyebrows slyly and I rolled my eyes at her. I was very happy though and continued my walk to class with a skip in my step. I was happy for majority of the day, actually, my good mood following me all the way to lunch as I sat on the Gryffindor table with my friends. That was where my mood dimmed slightly, because I knew I'd have to tell James and Sirius about it.

"Hey Y/n," James greeted happily. "You won't believe what happened today-"

I interrupted him by holding up my hand. "Wait, I have something important I need to tell you."

James sent me a questioning look as he sat down, followed by the rest of the marauders. I took a deep breath, knowing they were not going to like what I had to say. I needed to tell them though, because they deserved to know the truth of our relationship now that we weren't keeping it a secret.