2

Venion looked at the snow that was falling slowly, then he looked at Taylor who was drinking wine feeling frustrated.

He wanted to help the black dragon, but it angered the Marquis that he was cursed with the oath of the god of death, that he would die if he approached the cave or even talked about it publicly.

"Why are you drinking in my room? Just drink with your friends."

Unlike Venion, Taylor was justified in having friends from any circle because the Marquis didn't care about him.

"That's not the only thing that frustrates me."

Taylor saw Venion's empty eyes without any zest for life with all the scars on his body.

Every time he tried to kill himself, he would get beaten.  If Venion dies, the Stan household will be investigated and that's not good.

The Marquis placed spies around him so they could stop Venion from committing suicide.

"What makes you want to die so much? Is it because you finally realized father doesn't love you?"

The frustrated Taylor spoke carelessly and gasped.

"No, Venion, I..."
"Right."

Taylor gasped at that.

"I'm crazy, so, why would he want to care about that?"

It was me who was the one getting tortured when I only follow his order to torture the black dragon.

I was the one in prison when he roamed free.

I just...

"I don't want to be his replacement any more."

Everything that the Marquis should have received, fell on him.

Just because he was the Marquis' slave.

Tub.

Venion looked out onto the balcony, and saw a person in a black coat, standing quietly as he landed.

Tick, tick.

The person knocked on the balcony door glass while showing a smile.

Seeing that person's canines, Venion knew it was Neo.

Venion couldn't open the balcony door was locked.

It was locked after he attempted suicide by jumping from the balcony.

Tick.

But the lock opens when Neo knocks on the glass door once again.

'Magic?'

Since when Neo could use magic?

"Young master, I missed you. Did you miss me too?"

Neo approached Venion who was sitting ignoring Taylor's presence.

"Why are you here? Didn't the Marquis say you can't see me anymore?"

Neo chuckled mockingly at that.

"I was a little late and you became like this? It seems it wasn't wrong to warn myself in the past."

Neo gives a potion to Venion.

Venion frowned.

"That was you..."

The one who made him go back to the past.

"Right, it was me. With the help of the underworld god, I brought you back to the past along with my soul."

Neo uses soundproof magic so that Taylor doesn't hear their conversation.