10

Venion stared at the beautiful full moon that night.

"Ahh, what a beautiful moon."

Venion closed his eyes as he moved his hand to pierce his heart.

His movements were weak, but the extremely sharp knife could penetrate his flesh easily.

The blade shines under the bright moonlight.

Stab.

The sharp tip of the knife cut the outer flesh of Venion's chest.

Blood flowed little by little as he moved the knife to stab it deeper.

Grab!

However, his hand was stopped.

Someone holds his hand.

That made Venion open his lightless eyes slowly.

What he saw was neither Neo nor Cale.

The man with black hair and eyes, wearing nothing but black clothes, looked at him with a shocked look as if he was the one who was hurt there.

His hand held Venion's hand gently as if he wasn't trying to hurt Venion.

Black hair fluttering in the night breeze, shining under the beautiful moonlight...

Yes.

That handsome man is Choi Han.  The bastards who followed Cale's orders without a second thought of what Cale was planning.

If Neo was his dog, Choi Han was Cale Henituse's dog.

Choi Han slowly snatched the knife from Venion's hand gently.  He saw blood flowing down the knife and on Venion's chest.

Choi Han could feel Ron and Beacrox's presence from behind the tree.

It seemed like they were approaching because they smelled the scent of blood.

"If you don't mind, can I ask, why are you doing this?"

Choi Han asked softly, as he threw the super sharp knife into the river with some plop sound.

Even though Choi Han quite disliked Venion considering how he responded to the black dragon, Choi Han knew that his hatred was only fragile and empty hatred.

Not everyone was like Cale who would care about someone in distress.

Seeing Venion who wanted to kill himself in the silence of that beautiful night, Choi Han knew Venion was in not the condition to think about other people.

Honestly, Choi Han disliked Neo more than Venion.  Venion never even once looked at Cale with hateful eyes.

Seeing Choi Han's sincere eyes asking why he did all that, Venion looked up at the sky.

Honestly, there was no reason for him to end his life in that life even though Marquis Stan was still an annoying bastard.

However...

Bad memories from his past life played in his mind.

How he was tortured and all the hateful looks that turned to attack him.

Venion didn't have a strong enough mentality.  He is just a minor villain in the story whose presence is only to encourage Cale Henituse, to have a black dragon who will be loyal to him all the time because of his dark past.

He is simply the presence of a character who will fail no matter what he does.

Even so...

'I have to answer that stupid question...'