7

2 years have passed now.

The sun shone into Venion's room. It's an ordinary inn room with nothing much inside it.

There are even birds that chirp to start the morning.

Due to the bird sound, Venion opened his eyes, and looked at himself in the mirror, in front of the bed.

His eyes were still the same without light.

'Why did I live up to this point?'

Venion questioned his life.  Why did he survive and live for 4 years when what he wants is just to die?

Now he is 20 years old, the time he meets the protagonist, Cale Henituse.

His hair is as long as his elbows because he didn't cut it.  The reason was that he had no desire to do that.

He would rather look like a beggar than look like a noble.

And today was supposed to be the day he met young master Cale in the Tolz territory after torturing the black dragon.

Well, that's not going to happen this time.

Calvin was the one that handling the black dragon, not him.

Knock, knock.

The door was knocked, and Neo entered Venion's room.

"What clothes would you like to wear, Venion nim?"

Now Venion lives in Puzzle City, away from the Marquis.  He didn't even want to see his face.

More precisely, he ran away from home with Neo.  Neo too, from the very beginning when he confronted Venion, had already left his house.

"Anything would be fine."
"Alright."

Neo helped Venion into his clothes after he took a shower like a servant, and had breakfast together.

“Venion nim, is it fine for me to take you to the slums of the Tolz territory for a while?”

Venion looked at Neo with a confused look.

"Why?"
"My family will be doing business in this town for a few days. So, can we go somewhere more comfortable?"

There couldn't be nobles living in the slums.

Venion nodded without thinking too much about it.

.

.

.

Venion however regretted not thinking about it.  He had forgotten that that place was where he met the silver shield young master for the first time.

But he couldn't do anything because he was already there.

Let's not bother the protagonist.

"It's really seedy..."

Venion looked at his shoes which were dirty with mud.

"Do you want me to lift you?"

Venion shook his head taking a step back from Neo.

Neo could only chuckle at that.  Because the second time he was a bit excessive, Venion's waist ached as if he felt his bones would break if he moved and couldn't walk, Venion kept his distance from him.

But that doesn't mean they aren't close.  They always do everything together because Neo has to make sure Venion doesn't hurt himself.

Venion crouched down and made a lump of mud.