⁴ The Trap

Aaron Pierre As Derek Gilfield

Khadijah pov

"I know you fucking lying!" I look through the window at Mercedes as she looks back at David. I didn't think he'd actually listen to me. He was a mechanic in Chicago I thought he'd take that one up not the fucking bouncer at Pynk. Now I got plenty of reasons to hide out here.

"That's the Sneaky link you was going on about? He is finer than any sin the devil could create." I roll my eyes and sigh looking at him stand there surveying the crowd. "Bitch, he is sin trust me when I tell you, but I ain't know he was Denzel's brother. That got my head fucked up." She smacks her lips dismissing my statement as I hand her, her wings.

"Fuck Denzel wanna be ass, that relationship don't count anyway, he was a fresh outta high school fling, those don't count." I scoff at her audacity and I see him make his way to a situation with Gidget. She moves out of the way and the guy jumps up getting in his face, before too much can be said he's got him with his arm behind his back hand on the neck as he steers him out of the building, that was sexy.

"Bitch did you see that?" I look at Mercedes and nod before turning away back to my orders. I don't got time to ogle the past, he's there for a reason.

I walk from Mercedes and continue to do my job I hear her smack her lips before she pushes off the window going to make some money. Her ass get on my nerves she knows what she's doing with her annoying ass. I'll be damned if she gets me caught between two motherfuckers.
_____

"You know you could've said you worked there too." I turn around from the porkchops I'm in the middle of seasoning to the hazel eyed fucker who can't leave me the hell alone.

"Didn't think you'd take up the offer. Most of the time men only going down to the Pynk for one reason only and it ain't to work." He chuckles easing his way into the kitchen and I turn back to the meat trying to end the conversation.

"You right, but if I'm being honest it was my last option only because the shop was a police raid waiting to happen and I ain't got no time for that typa shit to go down. So the Pynk it was." I nod and push my self to not try and start a conversation with him.

"You know, I'm used to you talking to me when I'm with you in the kitchen. This is new territory, and I'm tryin to stay civil in yo place of work right now." I huff dropping my head.

"What do you want me to say Derek?" He stares at me and I roll my eyes before going back to my food, I hear more footsteps and I roll my eyes already knowing who it is. "I see you've found our golden chef in her element." I keep myself focused as I push the now seasoned meat away as I clean up my area to start on my vegetables.

"Yeah. She's really good at what she does. Not the biggest talker though." I grit my teeth as I continue to move around them as if they don't exist. Soon once Denzel realizes that I'm not gonna react he leaves but not the younger brother. "So you not gone speak?" I shake my head and he nods and I watch him leave out I put my head in my hands. This is becoming too stressful why the fuck is this happening to me? The only time I decide to be mature about something it bites me in the ass. Well not that situation that one I was acting like a lil bitch as Mercedes would say. But I don't care I got shit to do and none of these country ass niggas gone fuck that up. Especially Denzel ugly ass.

For the rest of my time at the house they bug me more for snacks and other types of quick foods Denzel being a real headache and it's killing me. I still gotta go to the Pynk and cook all night, damn at the rate I'm going, I'll be sleeping only twenty hours a week. I need this money but damn is it worth it? Nothing has gotten in my way so far thats the only thing keeping me from giving up but damn at this point I'd want something to. A hurricane or something. My momma ain't raise no bitch-Yes she did, she ain't raise no quitting bitch.