5. Belly

Khadijah POV

“I can't believe this bitch got arrested.” I push my hair back as I stare at my phone, damn it Mercedes! I pull my crocs on before grabbing my keys heading out.

I walk with uncle Clifford as sheriff Bailey walks us to the back. I ignore the dogs on the right as they cat call. I see Mercedes and she clings to the bars as she looks at us. “You let Keyshawn go on for me? Khadijah, you for real?” I roll my eyes and lean closer to the bars as Clifford scoffs.

“She didn't go on for you, she was stalling until I got ready, I took yo place, yo cash in your house but why the fuck did you get into a fight with mama?” She gives me a look and I nod as I see her staring at us passed Mercedes head. “I'll get you out, hang on.” She nods and grabs my hand and I tighten my hold on hers. I hear uncle Clifford tell Mercedes about the foreclosure and I tell them both I'll be back. I go towards the front and see the sheriff standing there I walk to him and I mention that I want to post Mercedes bail but he gives me a stupid ass constipated look.

“Unfortunately I can't do that Ms. Khadijah, she has a hold on her bail. Can't post.” I frown and before I can make a rucus he motions for me to come closer, I lean forward and I avoid the coffee breath and old man cologne as he tells me that someone has made sure that Mercedes can't leave until Denzel or someone in the Gilfield family signs off. I nod and give a tight lipped smile before storming to the back meeting the two, both look at me and I feel the pressure of the answer weigh on me.

“Someone has a hold on your bail, so even if I pay it, you can't leave. I'll get it settled, trust me. I'll be back I promise.” Before she or uncle Clifford can ask questions I'm heading to the car and I see uncle Clifford run out after me, just as I start to pull off she's already at my side.

“Spill, right now.” I sigh and look over at her before leaning back as I think of how to say this so she doesn't go off like I know she will. “Denzel is being a bitch, gimme a minute to handle this and if it doesn't work, I'll call you okay?” She sighs and nods.

“Tell him the next time he pulls some bullshit like this he gone be under the Pynk.” I nod and as she steps out of the way I swerve out of my spot and head to the pretty part of town.

I can't just go up in there like I'm crazy, I'll lose my job and I'll probably scare off Derek, hell fuck Derek at this moment my sister is sitting in that cell because of that narcissistic, ball-less, pussy ass good for nothing ass man simply because he can't find anymore pussy to go crazy over.

When I pull up I jump out not really caring about parking stupid in their driveway, it's a four car park anyway, I unlock the door and I scream out Dereks name, I hear the basketball backboard and the two men talking, I storm back that way and I slam the sliding door open, both are shirtless and I ignore it as I pick up the second ball sitting on the side lines and I aim directly at his head hitting him right in the ear making him fall, as I kick him in the gut, I'm yanked back by Derek and I get a kick to his shoulder as he stands.

Yo bitch ass needs to find another hobby instead of stalking me like some creepy ass bitch with no balls! I don't want yo ass get over it! Get my sister out of that cell you asshole!” He spits blood out as he touches his tongue, that's what he gets his bitch ass always talking with that half slick tongue.

“You bitches can't help but burn your bridges, you better hope that whore doesn't rot in that cell. She will if I have anything to do with it.” I thrash around as I try to get back at him, but he just grins as Derek tries to calm me down.