15. Priorities Straight

Khadijah POV

"Bitch is you fucking stupid?" I cut my eyes at Mercedes as I try out the moves she showed me as she rants about what happened with Wayne Kyle.

"Why'd you even pick up the phone? That's not your fucking kid!" I drop from the pole and sigh.

"Don't you think I know all of that already Cedes? I know I done fucked up but what if this is as far as imma get to a normal life? What if I'm meant to be in that lil boys life?" She sighs shaking her head.

"He ain't no good for you Jah Jah. You know this. He made you believe that you were sick. What's gone happen when you can't just run away from him?" I shrug.

"Maybe I don't have to this time around. I'm not that same dumb kid anymore. He's not gonna manipulate me, not again I know his tricks." She shakes her head holding my face.

"Momma sold you to the devil and got you thinking you know all his tricks. It ain't that easy Jah and you know that." I pull away from her and I sigh rubbing my face.

"I'll figure it out. But I don't want to marry him... At least not now." She nods.

"I heard Mayne back from jail. How that's going." She chuckles and I grin seeing that smile fight to grow.

"Stop fighting it, Cedes. You let fugly coach cop a feel, let Mayne make shoulder feel good." She smacks me away and I laugh and we both grab our stuff getting ready to go to the back.

Once we get cleaned up we head to her house. I lay across the couch and as soon as I do I get two texts at once. I groan seeing its from Hassan and Wayne.

Hassan:Hey, just checking in to see if everything is okay, you left in a rush just checking in on you.

Wayne:Meet me in my office when you see this message." I roll my eyes at Wayne's before texting Hassan back before he sends another text.

Hassan:That's good to hear, I'm heading back down to Atl to visit my aunt and I know you were interested in her club, you're more than welcome to come with and check it out." I tilt my head thinking about it before nodding telling him to send me the details. I lay my head on Mercedes lap as I go through my social media until I get a message from Keyshawn. I read it over before speaking to Mercedes.

"You know who a Woddy is? Keyshawn wants me to make him a red German Chocolate cake." She hums and speaks up.

"Yeah, dats lil murda manager. The one you danced on that night when he wanted to perform." I nod not really remembering before telling Keyshawn I'd make him one only if she'd tell me why, and she promises to tell me the next time she's at the Pynk.

I sit watching Diamond and Big Bone giggling and shit in the DJ booth and Cedes chuckles and I look over at her. "That nigga got some balls on em don't he."I scoff nodding, I turn from him to see Uncle Clifford, Big L and white boy walking in.

"Don't worry about that because I got my bottom bitches back in the houseeee." I rock while in my splits while they come towards the stage.

"What uncle Clifford Rule 77 say? Sometimes you gotta make falling look like rising in this muh'fucka. Cause they can't keep a bad bitch down. The Pynk is gone Crunk as a mug when they see yall new dance double trouble." They both chuckle and dumb bitch speaks up from the corner catching all of our attention with a mug.

"Mercedes. I'd love to see the new routine you got you too Draco." Since when we gotta show our shit? I look at Mercedes but uncle Clifford speaks up.