6. Last Call For Alcohol

Khadija POV

"I'm assuming you heard?" I look back at him seeing he's making his way into the kitchen.

"Twelve days? Well now technically ten? Yeah I did, you got something lined up?" He nods and leans on the back wall, I frown at the fact that he's in here when I hear music and voices out there.

"Why you in here and it's people out here? That's not like you." He exhales loudly and I continue to my job as he tries to find a way to suck up.

"I don't want any bad vibes between us, Jaja. That ain't like us." I bite my tongue and I shrug. The fuck does he want me to say to that? I hear him walk closer but I continue on with what I'm doing.

" Look-" I turn and give him a dead look, as he opens his mouth I cut him off.

"Don't come at me with that shit Diamond. Like be for real." He sighs and I nod like I thought never would've took him for the game playing type.

"I see new boy checking you out often, yall talking?" I shrug. "What could it matter to you? You ain't trying to get at me. Mind yo business," He moves to the side of me and I continue to put the food into the window yelling for the bar backs and bartenders to grab em.

"You ain't looking for love or relationships so I don't know why you getting his hopes up, " What is up with dudes? When they realize that you aren't gonna chase them they suddenly worry about what you doing. Fucking ridiculous.

"Diamond, worry about yourself because it's obvious you ain't looking for it either, why you worried about me? You made it clear that you ain't checking for me on that level, we friends leave it at that, stop trying to self-promote yo self to something you ain't qualified for." He jaw clenched and I chuckle.

"Besides he was my lil cuddle bug in Chicago, we ain't know we shared a hometown. He's kept the same energy consistently unlike some people. So don't worry about it." He scoffs and I'm expecting him to walk off but he doesn't. I wash my hands once I realize I'm done with orders for a second.

"So you off limits now? Yall exclusive?" I look him up and down before I shake my head. I should lie but I don't really want to.

"What does it matter? I don't ever fuck on more than one man at a time." He nods and I expect him to leave but I forgot who I'm talking to.

"You not fucking him so telling me that is good to know but I don't need to hear it, he does tho." I lean back and scoff he's got some nerve. Plus I haven't talked to Mercedes since she left the other morning.

"Who says you gone be the one to fuck me Diamond? I like yo confidence but you getting real cocky. Especially seeing as you already got a strike against you." I see my push back is getting to him and I smirk good he deserves it I'll be damned if a yellow ass bodyguard fuck with my emotions.

"I was born with strikes against me, one mo won't hurt. But I know this one is worth it." I nod and I push away from the counter ready to go get a drink and as I pass him he grabs my wrist yanking me into him my side to his front. I keep myself facing the door and I raise an eyebrow.

"I don't like the idea of you having an attitude with me." I look over at him and nod before pulling away from him. "I remember that when it actually matters to me. Go do your job Diamond." Something about this conversation bothered me a lot. Like is he just really that selfish and greedy that once I'm not available to him he'll do anything to keep me there? He wasn't stuntin me when I was willing to be anything with him but when he thinks I'm not available he's willing to degrade himself to some side fuck. Men are fucking ridiculous. It really made him lose some appeal.