8. Pussyland

Excuse any and all mistakes

Khadijah POV

I stare at the property, it's a little less than what I saved up for and it's a plus. The area is great but I just don't know. I look at the other two options, they're bigger but one is in the better part of town the only problem is that I know I won't be able to do what I want with that area because of the white folks. I go to grab another nutter butter and feel it's empty. I check the time and decide I'll head on out to the dollar store.

I know Mercedes is at the Pynk so she's busy until I don't know when, during that  lock down I was let go by the first lady and the pastor and I honestly ain't complaining cause I'm still getting paid. The pastor thought he and his son could be petty and fire me because of what Patrice did.

A week into the lock down

I walk into the mansion and see pastor Gilfield, Denzel and some guy in a suit. I greet them and stand there, I know these people aren't normally in here this early so I don't need to be told that they're here for me.

“As you know Ms. Woodbine, your mother has created her own church and while I'm aware that you two are not as close as you should be I feel it would be best if your status as our cook be terminated as soon as possible. Not to mention the first lady does not have the best immune system so it'd be best to limit those in our house.” I nod and I pick my tools back up.

“Great so we are aware of the terms of our contract correct? Especially the line for wrongful termination?” Both men frown and look to the lawyer and she shakes his head rolling his eyes slightly, I know he told them but they dumb ass ain't listen.

“You all agreed to pay her up to another year at the same rate if she is fired for any reason, repay her for any tools she has purchased for the house and for new tools, but for wrongful termination up to six years. And if taken to court you must pay her court fees of whatever lawyer she may pick.” They both start to argue with him but the lawyer quickly tells him that saying that about my mother is in fact wrongful termination, especially noting he knows me and my mom aren't close, it's a petty reason to fire someone. Denzel looks at me and I see fire in his eyes, but I could care less. Should read your contracts yourself before signing them.

“I'll be expecting my check tomorrow morning as usual have a good day.” I pick up my stuff and head out and right back to my car.

Flashback over

I've been cooking for Wayne a lot more than what he asked for and I'm not complaining because his son is such a sweetheart and for some reason even though it's been a lock down his wife has yet to come to the house at least while I'm there. Wayne says that she's always getting caught somewhere and that she doesn't want to temp giving her son Covid and that's respectable, Wayne calls it bullshit in a carriage and that's the craziest way I've heard that being said.

Overall my lock down has been relaxing and well needed, no uncalled for visits or trips, no one bugging me. Well besides Mercedes her and Black has basically been living with me, I don't mind but she needs to get that autumn night hoe out of her house, ion know why she thinks having her there is a good idea. She says she is paying a good deed forward, I call it dumb bitch syndrome.

I haven't spent much time with Derek because for one he was caught in Indiana when the pandemic hit, was there for over three months before they even thought to let him come home, then he got sick and he was forced to stay another three months because he was hospitalized. Also he just seems to not have time to visit me, he said that it wasn't because of the money trap his parents set on me, just that he doesn't even want to take the chance of getting sick all over again while already risking it being at the Pynk and I respected it until he doesn't even want to face time and Mercedes says that he's not even at the club anymore they can't afford to pay him. Now I'm not the crazy bitch that stalks a man because he done lied, hell it makes it easier for me to dodge his ass like... well, covid.