16. Season Of Change

Khadijah pov

I stare at the video of my mother twirling around a pole and I scoff, that hypocritical bitch, and Mercedes actually cares about what she thinks for real. She's fucking pathetic.

"Isn't that your mom-" I throw the throw pillow at his head because I don't want anyone to actually acknowledge that I know her and am actually related to the old bitch stripping in a star unitard to win a vote for mayor after calling her daughters whores and everything else under the sun because we did the same thing. I swear I can't stand that broad.

"I see where you got the body from-" I jump on him holding the pillow over his face as he cackles, I swear I hate men. Once he's done I move from him and he sits up pulling me back into his lap. I look over at him and he grins at me.

"You coming tonight?" He nods and I nod before looking back at the news.

"My aunt is thinking of coming by to see you. The one with the strip club." I nod shrugging.

"I'd feel better if you brought her to my restaurant once it opened rather than my last night in here." He runs his hand up and down my thigh and I check the time, in two hours I gotta be back to the Pynk. I get up and head to my bathroom getting into the shower. Once I'm clean I get dressed in some yoga shorts and a tank top and my slides. When I head back downstairs I see Hassan sitting on his phone, I grab my bag before leaning over the couch pressing a kiss to his cheek before leaving out.

When I walk inside I see Mercedes and Keyshawn on the main pole. I drop my bag on the nearby table before I wait until a pole is free, until then I stretch.

"You're late-" I look over at Autumn.
"Don't talk to me." I move away from her to Uncle Clifford and watch as Mercedes basically falls down the pole. I huff at the scene shaking my head, she's still fucking scared. She was doing this shit at Coaches house what's the difference? I hear Roulette starting to talk and I cut her off.

"Shut yo ugly ass up and stay in the fucking back, bitch." She mugs me but continues wherever she was going. I look at Mercedes before crossing my arms.

"Is you spooked? Don't be up there looking sloppy." She sighs and Uncle Clifford smacks my arm and I shrug, she know I'm telling the truth. Soon Autumn is up and that's my cue to fucking leave because I'm tired and I'm not trying to keep doing this shit.

"Yo, Draco!" I continue to walk to the back as Diamond follows up behind me. Once inside he crosses his arms and looks at me.

"I ain't heard from you in a minute. How you been?" I shrug and put my stuff into the locker. "It's been fine, got my business halfway there, all I need now is the inspection and then I get stuff moving or do you really care about that?" I watch him move closer and I watch as he scoffs moving into my space before I take a step back he sighs leaning on the locker and I watch him look behind us to the door and I raise an eyebrow.

"Got a Lil shadow?" He shakes his head with a chuckle.

"Look, ion like this beef we got and it needs to be done, because I got this feeling that ain't going away and I need to know that I can count on you if some shit pop off." I stare at him for a moment before nodding.

"Always Diamond, you know I got yo back like chiroprac, babes." He laughs and we do our handshake before hugging each other. I feel his body sag slightly against me as he pulls me right against him, every curve and dip I have along the front of my body is pushed against his. I turn my head so my ear is on his chest and I just exhale listening to his heart. He feels so peaceful but I feel a constant strum of something underneath it and I don't know what that is just yet. We pull away slightly from the more than platonic hug and I see that bitch sneaking a peek, I nod behind us and he looks behind us seeing her.