Thirty Three

"Did you change your code?" Hobi had walked you to the door of Ji-woo's apartment, the baby monitor held loosely in the fingers of one hand.

"No."

"Do you want to change your mind? I can go back to my own apartment." You wondered if he'd regret saying you could be alone in his place, knowing you planned on looking around.

"No." Hobi raised a brow clearly not feeling the same anxiety about the situation as you'd worked up.

"I'm going to look in your drawers." You poked him in the chest and he nodded, his fingers brushing a tendril of hair behind your ear.

"My medicine cabinet? The pantry? Under my bed?" He was careful to not close the distance between your bodies and you guessed it was due to the camera facing the entrance. Would Ji-woo be irritated if she looked at this footage later?

"Should I?"

"Yes. Definitely check the back of the closets and the office." Hobi grinned and you wanted to kiss him even with the prying eyes.

"You're not at all nervous?"

"Anything I wouldn't want someone to see is locked in my safe, locked in files on my computer,  or locked in a filing cabinet. Do you plan on breaking locks, hacking my laptop, or busting open the safe?" His eyes glittered with the flirtatious challenge.

"I'm almost too tired to check under your bed."

"Good, get some rest." Hobi reached around you and opened the door, a gentle shove against your side until you turned and stepped out. This dismissal felt much different than the night before.

Yoongi's birthday opened the door and you stepped in, the space was silent, all the lights turned off. It felt empty, Hobi's energy didn't radiate from the rooms like the other times you'd visited. You stood in the entrance and felt apprehensive. He'd not wanted you to spend the night here but now he'd given you free reign?

You didn't doubt for a second that Hobi had secrets, they just weren't the kind that could be discovered by the detective work that physically rifling through his things could provide. You decided to do a cursory inspection, every Army in the world would be disappointed if you'd been given permission and then didn't search his stuff.

The living room was sparse, the huge sofa and giant tv the main focal points along with very large prints of landscapes mounted on the walls. You'd tugged open a few drawers, they didn't contain anything interesting. Some stacks of CDs, a record player and dozens of vinyl records, a few cords, remotes, and some pads of paper and pens. You used to do that, shove notepads everywhere you never knew when inspiration would hit and you'd need to jot down an idea before it disappeared.

The kitchen was stocked, but you didn't guess Hobi was much of a chef. He could probably keep himself fed, but wasn't making gourmet meals.  The fridge had drinks, remarkably no Sprite this time, next to it a wine fridge but only containing four bottles. The pantry had snacks, staples, protein powder, the usual things you'd find. The only curious thing was a giant bag of gummy worms, and you couldn't seem to remember any interview where he'd said he liked them. You considered grabbing a chair from the kitchen table to peek at the top shelves but then decided you didn't really care.

There was a small bathroom off the entrance like in Ji-woo's apartment, nothing exciting, almost identical actually. Nothing in there seemed like it was even related to Hobi, a completely generic room with it's green hand towels and floral soaps.

The hallway was very interesting with its almost forty framed photos of all sizes along the light grey walls. You spent too much time checking them out, BTS and Bang PD, Hobi with his family, Hobi with celebrities and friends that weren't famous, Hobi with the president, Hobi with his arm around Kyuna.