Fifty Two

You were back in the street by ten after one, your pride cracked, your feelings hurt. You weren't trying to say Yoongi didn't have the right to want his investment back. You'd just wished Hobi had prepared you for that, or at least showed up.

He'd made it sound like you could just take them back. Come get them whenever you want was light years away from come get them when you have twenty six million won. You hadn't ever had that much money all at once in your whole life! You guessed people as rich as him just didn't see money as a barrier.

Worse than just that your anger told you that you'd been right, the interview had just been a publicity stunt for his album. Pretend to be the sweet sensitive guy who could admit when he was wrong. Win points with Army by showing what a stand up guy he could be, protecting little old you. Sure he took a risk admitting he 'loved' you but people were a sucker for romance.

Yoongi had a lot to audacity implying Hobi had feelings too. That was his excuse for being cruel to you? You'd guessed Hobi hadn't told them the entire story, because you'd not done anything wrong, except the last thing you'd said that was unfair. If Hobi was falling apart because you left that was on him.

He ruined the relationship, dragged his feet into it, let the lie with your father build until he lost control of it. You'd spent the last year just hoping to forget him, knowing you wouldn't. And now the two of them were probably laughing it up in one of their studios in the Hybe tower together.

You pushed away all thoughts of Hobi and Yoongi. You had to think of a way to get your songs back. Of course they were still physically in your possession, but you couldn't use them. Couldn't even write beats similar without risking copyright.

You were at your hotel before you'd even realized it, almost walking past the tall glass doors with gold handles. You'd ask your stepfather to borrow it, you knew he had it. Then you'd start working two jobs again and find a cheaper apartment in Osaka to pay him back. You almost rolled your eyes at the last part, your current place not much more than a single room and a bathroom.

Back in your hotel room you dug through your backpack to find your phone your stomach feeling hollow at the thought of calling him. He'd do it out of guilt but should you ask him to do that? You were sure he was probably saving for retirement.

You pulled your phone out, still on silent from when you'd left for the meeting earlier. You hadn't wanted it to go off and interrupt what you thought would be a productive meeting with Hobi. You'd missed ten calls from him and had several messages.

JH: Why didn't you wait for me?

JH: Please come back, I have no clue why Yoongi acted like that

JH: He wasn't supposed to say any of that!

You didn't know what to think, confusion making you resentful. Was this just round two of the boxing match? Was he hoping to get a full knock out this time instead of just the gut punch?

Your phone started ringing in your hand, he was calling again, you thought to block him. He had nothing to do with this situation anymore, as Yoongi had put it your business was with him, he'd bought your songs.

"What could you possibly want Hoseok? Haven't you done enough? You got your fucking publicity stunt, you're selling your album. Why keep messing with me?" You answered at the last second your anger bubbling over, you shouted at him angrily.

"Why won't you ever listen to me?" Hobi shouted back and you were stunned.

"Where are you?" He spoke again before the shock wore off.

"No."

"Tell me. I'm done with waiting for to you to hear me out. I'm an asshole, I did a fucked up thing but it was a mistake. I wanted to take it back every day I just didn't know how. Let me come talk to you." He was pleading and you wanted to say yes but you couldn't.