The Carnival

Aysha's POV

We were walking towards the Carnival in a rush to get in front of everyone who had also bought tickets right after school. Me, Shanna  and Haniya had spotted Adam, Connor, Cillian together when walking in the car park so we went up to them and started talking to them.

Connor had told us he brought Ruben who was a bit late so we waited in the line and finally saw him.

"finally Ruben you took your time didn't you" I said looking at him.

"not my fault my step dad wasn't moving off the couch, probably coz of what him and my mum did last night" Ruben replied to Aysha's comment.

"Right Ruben what are you on about" Connor said eyes widened with suspicion.

"Don't worry about that, let's just go in and go on the rides" Ruben said smiling widely while striding into the wristband area.

We were all walking in, Shanna and Cillian hand in hand but not talking, instead Shanna was talking to Connor.

"Guys I think if I ride a ride I will ride the rider in the ride when the ride rides" I stared yapping so Shanna would stop talking to Connor and talk to her actual boyfriend next to her.

"What is she on about, hahaha" Cillian says to Shanna only to get a blank look back saying she doesn't know and doesn't care.

I nudge Cillian "try sort things out before the trip Cillian, who knows what's going on with her" I whisper so nobody else can hear and he looks at me, his thoughts clearly muddled at the situation he's currently in with his girlfriend - whom he thought would be his one true love for forever and after - and how she's acting strange and talking to Connor Robinson of all people instead of him.
The jealousy coursing through his veins as Shanna and Connor giggle at the conversations they're having.

"Hey Shanna, wanna go on the waltzers?" Cillian suggests and funnily enough Shanna agrees and asks Connor if he wants to go, and me not wanting another broken relationship, I death stare Connor to let them two go on their own.

The couple walk off into the queue for the waltzers, still holding hands, but both looking quite on edge.

"Sooo, you reckon they'll break up soon or what? They seem pretty unstable and I don't really think Sha-" Connor was rambling before I very rudely interrupted him because what is he actually going on about

I interrupted him abruply "Connor it's so obvious you have a thing for Shanna but you can't do anything about that until we know for sure Shanna and Cillian are over, for now keep your dumb little feelings to yourself " I was speaking like I didn't really care what was happening with Shanna and Cillian, but I really did and I could tell Cillian was not the right fit for Shanna and he never would be the way he is.

"The Hell." Connor says.

The group that wasn't on the waltzers with Shanna and Cillian begin hysterically laughing at Connor's two word sentence, not even the sentence just his face as he looked in pure horror at me.
Suddenly we all see Shanna and Cillian walking over, not even holding hands, the group go quiet and look at them wondering what happened while we were talking about them.

"Shanna, do you wanna go on the Ferris wheel since cillian here doesn't like heights" Connor ask the girl he's obsessed with to go on a ride with him, WHILE SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND WHO'S RIGHT THERE.

"uhmm... I mean yes of course!" Shanna changed her reply after looking at Cillian, it was almost like she wanted to make him Jealous?.

I watched Connor and Shanna walk past us, going towards the Ferris Wheel, Cillian was murmuring some rude phrases under his breath until Haniya interrupted the silence.

"So like, I see Cassidy and Shawnie should we go talk to them?" She asks sensing the awkwardness in the current group.

"Sure let's go, come on guys" I say to everyone I'm with.

We all walk over to them and they both run up to me giving me a tight hug.

"OMG AYSHA HELLO" Cassidy and Shawnie say to me and I can't help but feel happy until I remember the situation going on.

They both look at us confused because we all look uncomfortable,

"Why do you all look so uncomfortable did we do or say something?" Shawnie says, I can't help but telling them as they are two of my closest friends.

"Basically Connor and Shanna just went on the Ferris wheel and I'm pretty sure Cillian just broke up with her on the waltzers so big Connor Mark William Paul Robinson is probably probably about to shoot his shot up there" I state pointing up at the wheel.

"Oh god Connor cannot be doing this right now, if he is we need to see what he's doing because what if he makes a MOVE MOVE up there on the wheel" Cassidy says quickly turning and looking up to the wheel and spotting Shanna and Connor.

The group turns to look up and sees Connor and Shanna smiling at eachother and then.... Connor leans in cupping Shanna's cheek and then it happens, they do the thing that Connor looks like he's been waiting to do for a long time now.

Connors POV

I'm walking with Shanna to the Ferris Wheel, I feel a sudden wave of nerves rush over me as we approach it.
Shanna starts talking to me about what just happened with her and Cillian and how he broke up with her in the most horrible way ever and told her she wasn't that amazing anyways.
I couldn't help but tell Shanna something

"Shanna, you are so much better than him I've been waiting for you to figure it out for ages but you've never noticed, have you?
He can't be that great if he broke up with you on the waltzers, that's the most horrible thing he could've done to you, you don't deserve that Shanna..." I state to Shanna looking her and making sure she knows what I just stated and how special she is and Cillian was just too naïve to show and tell her she was.

"Connor... nobody had ever said that to me before, thank you so much, maybe this day won't be as bad as I thought it was gonna be" I see Shanna smile down at the ground then drag me to the Wheel.

As we start walking on I feel like I could really shoot my shot and get her, I'm going to do it, it's the only thing I can do now to win her over.

We get seated and start talking, the sun is setting on the beautiful summer night. Shanna's hair was flowing in the hot air, her eyes were glowing, she's the most gorgeous person I've met.
I can't help holding her hand and then cupping her cheek.

"Shanna I've been wanting to do this for a while but you've been with Cillian for ages...Will you be my girlfriend?" I say the line smooth, making sure to keep eye contact with her while speaking.

"Oh my god... I thought you'd never ask Connor! yes, of course you're the one boy I've started caring for like no other for a while... Thank you" Shanna says, I can't help but feel accomplished, how have I pulled her? She's the most gorgeous girl I know and now I have her all to myself.

I lean forward and kiss her as the beautiful beam of light hits our faces and it all feels so cinematic... I can't believe this is happening, this is the best day to ever happen.