Eight: Him and Her , but not me

Trinity was exhausted from the week before. Each practice before the real game was tiring, but Trinity wanted to keep her steps up and make sure she didn't disappoint the team like last year.

She and Gem walked through the school. Everyone who usually waves at her were whispering among themselves. Trinity was confused, but relieved that the attention was  off of her. She did sometimes like the attention, but she enjoyed the break nonetheless.

"Do you know what's going on?" Trinity asked Gem, they made it to first period and sat down beside each other. Trinity grabbed her supplies from her backpack. Gem just shrugged, clicking her pen.
"I'm sure we'll find out soon enough."

Gem was right, a girl she never met before, had sat beside her random in the study room.

"Did you hear the news?"

The girl was pretty, Trinity could admire that. Wavy brown hair with pink and yellow highlights. Big green doe eyes and widen peary smile.

"No, what happened?" Gossip wasn't big around the school unless it was about mainly the popular side. Other than that, No one really cared.

"Cherry and ****** are dating." It was like whole world started to collapse underneath her feet.

"Wow." Is all Trinity muster out. The girl couldn't tell the difference from Trinity actual shocked face and the world is crumbling shocked face. "I know right, They are so cute! I'll catch you later." The girl left heading to some other group. Trinity didn't even catch her name.

They were dating? When did that happen? How did that happen? Did they have a get together she didn't know about?

"Trinity?"
"Trin?"

Two fingers started to snap in her face and she blinked a couple of times. She looked over to see her friends worried. She did a casual smile, "Sorry, did you see that girl that sat next to me?"

"Oh yeah, Gem just found out the tea from her. Did she tell you too?" Cheryl said. They all sat down surrounding the entire table.

"I guess thanks to her,Word gets around." Tree backed up in respond. Everyone nodded. Mia clapped her hands and Dream and Heart grabbed their folders.

"We all know who's good in each subject, so let's split up and try to help one another for this week's exam."

Trinity huffed, "We have a exam again? Is it Mr. Lizard man again? " Trinity called their Biology teacher, Mr. Rob aka the lizard man. Not only does he have two cages of lizards. He eats like one too.

"I call him Mr. Clean or all shine." They chuckled and continued to work in silence. Trinity's mind couldn't focus on the work she was doing.

He chose her and not me

Cherry of all people, the one that she has to constantly compete against in order to stay on top.
Her. Trinity gritted her teeth, but took small deep breaths afterwards.

Her friends were right, he never showed interest in her. It was stupid crush, but a fairy-tale. She secretly hoped still.

She wanted to cry, but stayed expressionless to study. She wanted her grades to go from a B to an A, beating Cherry this time would be a savory day.

The bell rang and they all packed up. She walked to her next class with Rock, Tree, and Heart.

Upon arrival, Cherry and him showed up. They looked like a power couple. They flowed within the halls and every head was turned to look at them. They were an ideal relationship. Holding hands, staying close to each other, the smiles, the love, and the matching items.

It made her sick, she hurried on inside the class. She sat down and inhaled. Cherry's basic perfume, Misty Kiss, filled Trinity's nose. She didn't even have to look up to know that they were close.

"Hi Trinity! How are you?" Inside, Trinity wanted to scream at Cherry and him. She did none of that and smiled looking at them.

"I'm good Cherry, How are you?" The happiness in Cherry's eyes. Cherry could be nice, but she wouldn't mind talking about herself 24/7.

"I'm great. Have you met my boyfriend?"

Trinity made a unconscious decision, "No, I actually haven't."

Trinity's eyes flicked over to him before looking back at Cherry. He held no care in the world and it sadden her. She wanted to make him jealous or something.

The bell rang once more and the couple parted ways. Cherry sat in the seat beside her and took the opportunity to talk about her and him. It was breaking her heart in pieces listening.

Rock, Heart, and Tree weren't talking, Trinity knew they were on watch mode. They wanted to make sure she was okay which she was thankful for. But nothing could help her right now. Not a hug, her favorite food or movie.

They were together. She tried all those times and he knew. Cherry was his best option.

Cherry was prettier, smarter, and whiter than her.

Cherry smiled at Trinity, she placed her hand on top of her making Trinity flinch back.

"I wanted to let you that I didn't want you to think that I stole him." Her eyebrows laced together. What was she talking about?

"What?" She started to click pen she had in her hand. She was clicking on and off waiting for Cherry to continue to speak.

"He told me that you like him and that it would affect you. I mean I could see it in your eyes. I'm so sorry."

Was this really happening to her?

Trinity scoffed, "Me and him never talked that much.  How could he possibly know or anyone for that matter?"

"It's noticeable. "

Trinity stopped breathing.

Who else knew

Trinity thought about that girl that talked to her in the study room, her friends, and everyone else she came across with. Her friends already knew before and after she told them. The people here know.

Was she that obvious?

"I'm sorry Trin, I hope we can start  becoming friends soon. This high school popularity thing gets tiring you know." Cherry smiled at Trinity before turning and writing down notes.

"You okay?" Heart asked.

Trinity wanted to cry.