Sixteen: War is over

Trinity woke up with a stinging sensation around her eyes and a massive headache. She had just cried her eyes out. Eventually noting to herself, All those years obsessing over him was gone just like that.

She felt around for her phone, she checked for the time and eyed the unhealthy amount of notifications from people on social media or iMessage that she didn't know. She rolled her eyes, but winced at the slight pain.

Saturday , 2:34pm

She crawled out of bed and headed to the bathroom, she searched in her cabinets for medicine for the pain. Trinity wanted to call her friends and tell them what happened. But this was for her to deal with alone. Her friends could only do so much.

Trinity took two ibuprofen pills and went to her nightstand to grab her water bottle. She sat down at the edge of her bed.

All she did was replaying what happened last night over and over in her mind, she couldn't believe him and her. How could Cherry air out her personal business like that ? It wasn't hers to share.

She assumed that it was another way to get him to date Cherry and pity poor Trinity once more. That last year still haunted to this day, it didn't matter much that she lost the biggest game of her life, but she lost another part of her too. She stared hard at the carpeted floor for a bit.

She gulped the water down and threw away in her bin. She didn't want to leave her room, she wanted to lay back on the covers and just hide away. He probably told Cherry of the events that happened and her being narrow minded about his lackluster Sorry and probably; Cherry probably heard what she wanted to hear.

She stood up once more. She didn't need to give them any of her energy, they weren't worth it. She went through her dresser for any casual clothes.

She chose a white 90s Whitney Houston shirt from her mom and black shorts from her old track meets. She added light blue slippers to the fit and placed her hair in a curly high puff. She stepped out of her room with her phone and small bag at hand. She headed for the living room.

Since it was the weekend, she knew she would find her parents watching the BET or asleep on this Saturday afternoon. For Trinity, she was the early bird that would be up at 5 or 6 am before her alarm.

This is the first time that she would be awake later in the day. Her mom and dad were on the couch watching Brown sugar on BET and eating mash potatoes and chicken.

"Did you get Popeyes without me?" Trinity asked, she leaned over the couch and looked at her mom and dad munching away. Her mom shrugged, smiling, "you better go get you some before your siblings eat the rest."

Trinity raced to kitchen to see one of her sibling reaching in the Popeyes' box with their greasy fingers. "Hands off,  Chris."

"Why? You were asleep all day. You snooze ,you lose big sis." Trinity raced towards her siblings and they squealed as they ran off with a piece of chicken and in the living room. Trinity smiled, She was lucky they didn't know.

She checked the box and found a small wing, half of a Biscuit, and small portion of mash potatoes. Trinity went into the pantry to grab a plastic sliver ware and a plate. She fixed her meal and beside her mom and dad. Her siblings were on the floor, playing with their toys completely forgetting about earlier.

Trinity smiled at the ending of Brown sugar and collected her and her parents' plate. She headed to the kitchen and place the dishes in the sink. She looked out of the window and saw him.

He was taking out the trash earlier than usual, but not jamming out to whatever music he usually listens to. It was strange to see, yet it wasn't Trinity's problem and she didn't want to caught looking. Not after last night.

Her mind betrayed her and she gazed back over there, only to meet him halfway there. Trinity stood there, in the middle of the kitchen making eye contact with him for a brief moment.

He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair was a floppy mess. The wavy curls on his hair were flatten and he raised up his hand to do a simple wave. Trinity rolled her eyes, still remembering last night.

He knew about last year and now, he thinks he can get back sympathy from her.

Not a chance.

She spent years, with that stupid crush on him and she wasn't going to fall his dreamy eyes again. Cherry's smile popped up in her mind and she felt a strange spiral in her chest. She turned away from the window and headed back to the living room.

"Can I go over to Gem's house?" Trinity asked, she pulling at the string on the side of the shirt. She always felt nervous asking her parents on something. They were the most loving and supportive people in the world, yet they were still parents.

"You can, but please be back before 7pm." Her mom pointed

"What are we doing before 7pm?" She replied confused and looked over at her siblings fighting over an old Pokémon card set of hers.

"Your aunt is coming to visit us for a while and will be staying here instead of an hotel. We're going to pick her as soon as she texts us that she made it."

That struck a nerve in Trinity and she stopped pulling at the string. Her parents gave her soft look.

"I know honey, it will be hard. But all is forgiven. It wasn't your fault. I promise. Go have fun! Text us when you get there."

Trinity nodded and grabbed her stuff. She quickly left out the house and locked the door. She climbed into the car and tried to control her breathing.

It wasn't her fault.