Thirteen: Me and not him

The big game was here. Trinity felt ready physically and her friends were coming to pick her up. She grabbed her bag and checked herself in the mirror.

She checked her softball outfit, a brown button up shirt with the schools logo, white pants with a stripe of blue, and her cap mixed with brown and blue was in her right hand. Her hair was in a curly puff and had golden brown bands on each side. She had her cleats wrapped around her bag's strap.

She was nervous, this was the big game. The last time, they had lost and couldn't go regionals. It will be different now for her. She was better than last year and that would lead them to regionals.

She went downstairs to see her parents listening to jazz and talking. Her siblings were on their phone watching something or typing away. She kissed each three on their heads and went to greet her parents.

"Hey Mom and Dad, How's everything?" She called out and went to the fridge. Her mom and dad hugged her. Her mom clapped her hands together and her dad grabbed the dishes, placing them into the sink.

Her mom's eyes sparkled looking at Trinity, "We're great. How are you feeling? This is the big day."

Trinity held a tight smiled and tighten her shoulders in her parents gripping the bag a bit, "I know. I'm doing alright." She knew her voice cracked after that last sentence.

Her dad came beside her mom and observed Trinity. "Trin, Honey how are you REALLY feeling?" Her shoulders slumped a bit looking over at her siblings who stared back at her.

"I'm nervous Mom and Dad, I can't mess this up like last time. Coach K says that I've been doing great, but it's just the what ifs. I can't let them down." It felt like a weight had lifted off a bit. She didn't want to drag the conversation too long.

"Oh honey, It's going to be okay. It doesn't matter if you win or lose. Coach K is amazing person and she has never upset even last year. Let all those worries go and remember, you got this! Your coach and teammates would never treat you any differently." Her mom responded.

Her dad grabbed her hands and give it a squeeze, "God never lets us fear. You will be okay by the blood of Jesus. Have faith Baby girl. This is your moment and God is always watching over. Never let that fear settle and build a home."

Trinity smiled at her parents, "Thank you! and Amen to you Dad. I really think you should be a pastor sometimes. " Her dad laughed, "I love being a scientist, but I'm always open."

"Now, Here's your lunch" Her mom went to fridge and grabbed a big lunchbox, "Remember have faith and we love you. We'll be there soon."

Trinity nodded and waved at her family before heading outside. The minute she locked the door, her Rock's van came into view. She waved smiling and walked up to the passenger's door. She opened the door and stepped in.

Her mood faltered a bit seeing Gem. She was staring out of the window, not even acknowledging her. She sat down and greeted the rest of her friends. "Are you ready?" Rock seemed very cheerful looking at the back seat. The car started and Trinity took a deep breath.

When they arrived, the bleachers were packed and Mia complained, yet still cheered for Trinity's big game. Trinity rushed to get her bag from the back to meet the others.

"Hey Trin." She paused. She looked behind her. Cherry was behind and seemly talking to her friends who just looked at her. Gem gazed over at Trinity and walked off to the bleachers.

It was him. His smile was even more beautiful than the last time they talked. She felt flustered having him see her disorganized like this. She grabbed her bag and shut the truck. She just nodded at him and meet up with her friends.

She didn't know how powerful that felt, but kept calm.

" I'm going to go meet up with Coach K. I'll see you." She ignored Cherry who tried to talking with her as well.