Nine: Tragedy should not be romanized

Trinity tried to think positive about all this. Her friends kept talking to her about moving on from him.

They were right,but she couldn't help it.

She's never seen him smile like that. His hair more curly  and his smile widen with Cherry. His eyes held light when he looked at her. Each time, it brighten more and more.

Of course, it was beautiful. It wasn't for her, but for Cherry. The more better version.

Trinity would glance every now and then at the couple. They were right next to Trinity's table as if to wave it on about this to her.

She didn't want to look heartbroken and make those assumptions about her true.

She played music on her phone while she ate. It was the only bit of privacy she could have at the moment. She needed something to distract her anyways.

Her messages were over flooded from friends and random strangers who suddenly have her personal number.

I'm so sorry Trinity. Can I sit over by your table?

Do you need to talk with anyone? Maybe I can come over by the table.

This seems deep, do you have any more space at the table?

Gurlfriends: Trin, it's okay. We'll be here for you. Come over by Kate's restaurant.

Trinity smiled looking at the groupchat message. She deleted the rest of the messages that wasn't family or friends. She was use to the random messages from strangers. It was another Tuesday for her.

Trinity watch YouTube videos on her phone waiting for her friends at Kate's.

The people population here felt like a town when it was more in the suburbs type. Kate's had been around since before Trinity was born, so who knows what it was like then.

Kate was big restaurant and a diner combined. It had everything and anything that was there including caring people.

When Trinity graduates, she'll write a big article about the origins of Kate's and who it was named after. Apparently, Kate's was a safe place for different people alike until it changed into a food place, yet that's only rumors around.

Trinity looked around trying to find her friends. She checked her messages and started to bounce her legs.

The door ringed and Trinity turned around hoping to see her friends, but it was him and Cherry.

The minute they walked in, all heads turned to them. They were that IT couple and even the people here couldn't look away.

He only glanced at her while Cherry waved as they walked passed her. She couldn't stay here. If they were there, then the kids from their school would come and it wouldn't be a safe place like before.

Trinity texted her friends and packed up her stuff. She took one look at them and walked out the door. She walked to her car and opened it. She climbed in and put her keys in the engine.

She listened to the rumble of the engine. Her eyes looked back at Kate's. They had a window big enough to see them.

Laughing, smiling, and being in love. His eyes is all she looked at until he looked over and she fumbled with her bag. She went to grab it and got up to look at the window.

They were staring at her. She needed to leave.

She was acting like the stalker in those movies she watched. She pulled out of Kate's and drove to her house. She wanted to cry.

She wanted to wail and sob out, but why?

This was her own tragic story and it would follow her throughout high school and possibly adulthood.

A part of her wanted to be noticed by him and she was. He knew she liked him and he talked with her only a couple of times. It made her feel happy.

Why would that only be the reason?

She kept smiling at the thought of him talking with her again, but realized the downside.

Trinity shouldn't be romanizing her tragedy even if it was minor or huge in others' eyes. This was just a small crush, something that will haunt her.

She walked into her room and sat on her bed. She pulled out her phone and went to Cherry's Instagram and saw a picture of the food and then the recent picture of them smiling.

They looked so happy, she continued to scroll down trying to see when they got together.

Pathetic

Trinity knew that holding on would take over her mind like parasite. This was something more than her and it felt invasive.

She slammed her phone down and went in her purse pulling out a picture. She stared tenderly, rubbing her thumb over a certain place. She walked to the bathroom and went to her drawer, pulling out a lighter.

She held her breath and flicked on the light watching the picture burn.

Her heart prickling from inside from the picture turning into ash.

She collected the dust and threw it away. She left out of the bathroom, letting out a breath.