Fourteen: We won

Standing with her teammates and Coach K, Trinity looked around the bleachers. It was packed full this year and it sent excitement and chills down her spine.

"Let's talk!" Coach K announced. They huddled together, smiling. She smiled along with her teammates trying to hide the fear and nervousness inside of her. She didn't want to mess this up.

"We're going against the aqua originals. They're the great team, but we're better since we have a secret weapon now. They're playing hitters and we'll be playing pitchers."
Coach K winked at Trinity which made her smile. She was secret weapon now, that was a new bonus, "But remember, It doesn't matter if we win or lose. We know we're the greatest and it doesn't need a trophy to tell us. We are a family of one. So let's go out there and have fun!"

They cheered loudly which caused the crowd to cheer with them. They high -fives and then broke apart. Each team had sit apart most of them by five since they each had ten. The five that were out on the field while the rest sat at the benches, cheering or booing each team.

Trinity sat at the bench and looked over by the bleachers. First, She saw Him who waved at her, then at Cherry who stopped his hand from continuing to wave, and then she saw her friends along with her parents. They all waved at her and she cheerily waved back. Her eyes landed on Gem who did a half-wave.

She needed to think of ways to show her friends and herself that she's moved on.

This was the big game, this was something she could prove to herself and others. She worked hard for this, she drove herself to this. She may have been distracted every now and then, but this was her moment.

She eyed her team and the opposite one. They had more speed, focus, and determination. But, she was confident that they had the same thing; yet better. She looked over at her Coach who watched intensely at the field. She wondered what her thoughts were.

2-4

We were lacking. We were behind. Trinity cheered for her team regardless. She was giving the energy of someone who had the team suspicious. They betted that one of us was a secret weapon which is why they never brought out theirs.

Trinity knew who it was, Cherry's little sister. She had the exact skill to have her team win which is why they lost the last time. Their white team was able to do bigger and better things and I guess they came back to show us who's boss once more.

The aqua originals seem to having an upper hand with the brown seals. Our main catcher is having a hard time being able to grab the ball. Hopefully, this game can be turned around since it didn't last year.

Trinity rolled her eyes at the announcer. Ginny was lacking a bit and she was the best. The opposite team seemed to be surrounding her and grabbing the ball while blocking.

She stood up and walked over to her Coach, "Should they be surrounding her like that?" Her coach looked upset and was glaring over at a smirking male coach.

"No. They're doing it on purpose. They know she's the best."
Trinity stood beside Coach, trying to think of something. It was five out of five with each team.  Two around the white squares and three beside Ginny who looked around stressed.

"We'll wait and then we'll call time if Ginny makes eye contact with us." Trinity nodded and eyed Ginny.

When the bat hit the ball, Ginny started to run past the three; keeping her eyes on the ball. Everyone cheered her on as she leaped up and caught the ball. Trinity couldn't believe it.

(Brown seals)5-5 (Aqua Originals)
5-7
7-10
10-9
14-9
14-14

It was a final tie and the teams would be switched now. The opposite team would be the catchers and Trinity would be the hitter. Coach K would make her second to last, since she was the secret weapon. She watched each teammate make a hit or miss.

It was 22-20. It was her time to shine now. She leaped up and kept an eye on Cherry's little sister. Janyna was the fastest and skilled catcher and hitter. It would be worst to even be paired with her.

But Trinity knew she could take her.

They smiled at each other and Trinity tapped the white square. A secret code that only the coach and her teammates knew of. They each stood close, but distance from Janyna.

Janyna with a quick arm threw the ball fearlessly, smirking at Trinity. When she went to hit, she missed and the opposite crowd cheered while her crowd kept cheering as well. She kept her smile on her face looking at Janyna and got ready for the second strike.

Her eyes zoomed on the ball. The second Janyna tossed the up and forward, she got into position and hit the ball with a happy curve. Her team went to catch, but failed and the ball was in her teammates hand. Everyone cheered, but it wasn't over.

This final hit, would be the piece to regionals and if Trinity has truly changed from last year. She was ready and she was proud of herself . She had high hopes of winning, but she wanted to faultier that lose in her mind. Coach K taught that having your mind on the win always will bring you truth within minutes.

Janyna looked over at the crowd and smiled, side-eyed Trinity with sly intentions. Trinity wanted to look. "Trinity, stay in the game. Don't look and focus." She heard Ginny call. She should feel embarrassed, but felt courageous-able. She threw the ball with fire and Trinity hit with ice in her veins. 

Her team had finally won and the whole area was filled with noise. It filled her mind and brought a smile to her face. She looked over at her team and Coach K who came and patted her on the back.

She had proved herself that she could do it.

At the end, she had to handshake or high-five the opposite. She did it with ease and came across Janyna who smiled at her. "Good game Trin. I'm glad to see you had improve from last year."

"Thanks, you too. You still had the fiery in your eyes." That made Janyna smiled and dramatically flip her hair. She went to high five Janyna, but she grabbed her hand and brought it down to shake.

"Cherry told me that in order to win the game, I had to get you to be distracted. She told me that you have a crush on this guy that she's with. If I made you look, then you would lose. I'm sure she meant in a less-harmless way." Trinity was shocked and furious.

Why would Cherry do something like that?