Ten: Pick me

Trinity laid in her bed. The first time that she ever relaxed and rested her body. She was curled in her fluffy blanket warm and happy. She needed this, her friends were on FaceTime watching movies, cooking, or asleep.

She smiled at each of the them. She had her doubts of hers if this large group of friends would last. But it's been six years. From sixth grade to junior year now and it has been great having friends there for her. She was close to them all, but closer to Gem.

She grabbed her phone and went to Instagram. She still constantly sneak a peek at Cherry's Instagram and seeing all those pictures of her and him.

She would stare at the one with them at a sidewalk. Getting their picture taking from a stranger posing in front of a restaurant. She had her eyes closed smiling looking down while he was staring right at her. His eyes clearly sparkling just looking at her.

Yet, Trinity with that tiny tiny hope of hers wanted him to pick her. She wanted him to look at her like that. To feel that special feeling.

Trinity stared at the picture once more taking him his changed features and smile. Her phone vibrated showing a message from Gem.

My bestie❤️: You're staring at the Instagram photo again, aren't you?

Trinity wasn't surprised that her best friend knew or how any of them just know. Trinity assumed that it was by her facial expressions. She seemed to an open book with her facial expressions on display.

She placed her phone down and look at her best friends who stared back at her with a wry look.

"Trinity, I thought you were passed that." Ash expressed out loud.

Trinity sighed heavily placing her phone on her other pillow and scooting her computer closer to her. 

"Well it seems that I'm not Ash. I was just curious you know." A half-lie.

"Don't lie, Trin." Dream replied. Tree and Mia nodded at that and Trinity pressed her lips together.

Once again, Her friends were right so why couldn't she see it? Why couldn't she be able to learn that for herself?

Trinity face palmed herself with her pillow and closed her eyes. She knew that this wasn't a small crush, it was what she called a different feeling.

That was her setting point. She pressed the pillow onto her face hoping to cut off her airway and try to deny anymore of this feeling.

"What are you doing Trin?"

"Suffocating myself."

"Trin." Gem's voice cut through. She slammed down her pillow to her side. She wasn't warm and cozy in her blanket anymore. She's been worrying her best friends for a while because of him.

She didn't do anything to seem stalker-ish. She couldn't recall any memories of being being creepy and hopefully she wasn't at all.

"Trin."

"Guys, I'm going to get off the call. I'll see y'all later." Trinity closed her laptop and laid back in her bed. No longer warm or cozy. She just stared at the Tv in dismal.

She was so done with this whole thing, but that tiny hope stayed in her chest slowly fading away.

She picked up her and deleted Instagram. She didn't want her eyes to drag back to that picture, she didn't want her fingers to continue to scroll constantly through just to see him happier than ever, and most of all she didn't want that tiny hope to grow bigger.

Trinity wanted to desperately let go, but it felt like Cherry had won.