Eighteen The truth (The End)

The third day:
Trinity stared at her Jersey, her tears wouldn't stop falling and she crumbled the shirt underneath her hands. She felt the sting of her nails digging into the side of her fingers.

She failed her, her team, and all those people. Coach K finally gave her a chance and she blew it because of him, because of nervousness.

There was a soft knock on her door and a small creak opened, "Hey Trin-Trin."

Trinity sighed, "Can you please leave me alone? I want to sulk in peace." She felt the bed dip beside her and she turned away, trying to hide the tears.

She felt a poke on her side and the peppermint smell entered her nose. "I wish I could Trin-Trin, but we can all hear you and I don't want you to be alone."

Trinity turned to her big cousin. Her light blonde curly hair, her brown doe eyes, caramel skin, and small nose. Her smile had curled into a smirk and rushed into Trinity for a big hug. She laughed at her big cousin, giving back that squeeze.

"Don't cry Trin, you did so well. We're all proud of you, I hope you know that. Don't you even think about leaving the team over this? If you do, I will make you enter back and train you myself."

Trinity laughed and then started crying, "What if Coach K kicks me off?"

"Then I'll march down there and make her take you back. She doesn't know what she's missing." Trinity felt her big cousin linger in the hug before pulling back and looking Trinity in the eye. Her usual eyes would be mischievous, but it held care and concern at its rarest moments.

Trinity was led from her room, downstairs, and to the kitchen where her family gathered. They spoke softly before it was quiet and the attention was turned to Trinity.

Her mother pounced on her first, wiping her tears and hugging the life out of her, and her father came second, kissing her forehead and giving her an equal amount of a hug squeeze. Then her siblings jumped on her and she almost lost balance with uncontrollable laughter.

"Are you okay? I can talk with Coach K if you want me to." Trinity instantly declined and just appreciated her family.

"I'm fine Mom and Dad, Please stop giving me that worried look. This just means that I need to practice more and try to be better next time. I feel bad."

"Aww baby, don't feel bad. I got you, I can schedule around so we can help you with Softball." Her mom held her hand and her father put his arm around her, "And you know your dad can help you with practice. I can free some time and your siblings have the energy aside from asking for our phones twenty-four/seven. We got you."

Trinity felt happy at last. She turned to her big cousin, " Annais, Are you helping too." Trinity teased her big cousin.

Annais did her pose, "You know it! I got you and your aunt is coming in soon so let's go." Everyone laughed and Trinity felt that family power.

The second day:
Trinity could always agree that Annais loves to party and loved how Cherry and Annais bonded. Cherry would talk with Trinity at certain times, but she wouldn't call Cherry a friend. Cherry was bright, confident, and popular at her school. She did everything there and her girls right alongside her.

Trinity watched as Annais and Cherry laughed at Annais's phone and pointed at the phone. They looked like long-lost besties and Trinity was just happy watching, she was jealous that Cherry had her big Cousin's attention, but she knew Annais needed this from her breakup with her ex.

She and Cherry would always hang out or go out during the Summertime. It would leave Trinity like the little sister, but Annais never made Trinity feel that way for long. Right after a hangout, she would lie down and chill with Trinity. She was making small talk while Trinity watched her new favorite TV show.

The first day:
"Trinity! Wake up! My mom said she booked an early flight and will come around 2 am." Trinity sluggishly woke up from Annais's burst of energy at 9 am. She slightly rose and shared a weak smile before flipping back and going back to sleep.

Trinity woke back up around 5 pm and felt refreshed, yet drained. The smell of peppermint was all over her room and she knew that Annais left her mark before going out with Cherry. She cleaned up her room and went to the bathroom to work on her hair. She stripped it from her pink bonnet. 

Her hair was in a crumbled mess and she sighed before taking a picture; She went to take out her products. She switched different hair products daily, best known as As I Am, Mellie, Shea Moisture, etc. She ran downstairs to get her spray bottle and went back up to tackle her hair and gain more strength. 

By the time, she was done with sectioning, brushing, and twisting; It was 11 pm. She chuckled to herself and began to clean up her mess. Her phone rang and she wiped her hands with a towel and checked the ID caller before answering. 

"Hello Annais, What's up?"  It sounded like a loud screaming party in the background. 

"Trinity, It's Cherry. I can't find Annais, her phone was on the floor for some reason." 

Trinity ended the call and got dressed. She always regretted never calling her parents, but they were probably on their way to pick up her auntie. She hopped into the Uber, giving extra directions while impatiently waiting. 

Trinity busted open the unlocked door, the music was loud and booming, the smell of vomit and sweat was everywhere, and the crashing into people felt overwhelming. She looked everywhere for Cherry or possibly Annais. 

She pushed past people, entering the kitchen before hearing a scream. 

Trinity was shaking; she felt like she was going to throw up. The police said that it was a miracle that she even survived. The doctors said it was a pure dumb luck. But no one said that she was okay or that she would survive. It was a miracle, dumb luck, and nothing more than that. 

It felt like it was my fault, I should've told her to stay with me and watch re-runs of all our favorite movies. But I ignored it, I went to sleep and didn't tell her to stay. I will leave that guilt for life. 

Trinity was in a daze and her body just shut down, she didn't want to get up from this chair. It felt like she was sinking into the ground. 

"Trin, The doctor said we can go inside and see her. Do you want to-"

"No." Her voice sounded shaky.