You Nerd ~ Nick

I Had met nick and Chris at a bookstore in Boston. I stood in front of very old book shelfs trying to find a nice book. I worked at a tattoo shop and i liked to read a good book whenever i had a break.

I always went to the same old book store, it was (most of the time) peaceful and quiet in the musty smelling store. But that day it wasn't 'peaceful and quiet'  because two boys entered the store arguing about Pepsi and the amount of suger that's in the drink and continued to do so till they were at the register.

"these please" the boy with the mullet said laying the books down in front of Matilda, an old lady who looks a lot like the leadsinger from the band 'arch enemy'. She looked the boy up and down and scanned the books. I slowly walked up to them and waited patiently till they were done paying.

"Reggie?" yes, that woman knew my name. I've spent more time in that book store then I did in my very own apartment. "did you get a haircut miss Wild?" I asked staring at her black curls that were slightly shorter than before. "yes I did actually, here are your books love" she handed me the books

I always distracted her when I was at the register, that way I didn't have to pay. She never noticed me not paying. What can I say? I'm brilliant. I was just about to hop in my jeep when mullet boy came running up to me. "hey I saw you in the store earlier and I was wondering If I could maybe get your number?"

"oh yeah okay" definitely didn't expect that. "here's my phone" he gave me his expensive looking iPhone and smiled. I typed in my number and put bookstore boy as my contact name. "thanks!" he said happily before jogging back to his friend/brother.

The next day I got a message saying:  'hello bookstore boy' I replied rather embarrassingly fast. "hey how are you?" what a stupid question. "I'm good how 'bout you??" we talked the whole day and decided to start a video call around 3 pm. We discovered we liked a lot of the same things and were very much alike.

"I really like the way you talk about marshmallows" I laughed loudly and heard one of my neighbors complain. I really Needed to move. "they're the best invention in my opinion" he giggles and nods. "let's meet up some time"

And we did, quite a lot. I met his brothers Matt and Chris and got their blessing after nick and i's first date. We went to the beach and walked along the shore hand in hand.

I know, I'm a sap okay?

"do you want to be my boyfriend?" he jumped up and down and squealed. "yes of course!" I was so relieved and happy to have finally asked him to be mine. He moved into my apartment after 3 months of being together, everything went great.

+ 1 year later +

"I love you more than anything, but we have to break up" I had forgotten to pay the bills to our apertment which led the landlord to cut off our water and electricity. Stupid things like that happened a lot that month. One time I forgot the key to the lobby and nick had to drive home during his break. Nick was furious and confused as to how I could've been so forgetful. We argued a lot that night and I slept on the couch.

It was 'right person wrong time' I guess

_________________________________________
A bit sad... :-(

All the love, D